Our take on the Goal Zero Yeti 150
A plug-and-play mini powerhouse
The Yeti 150 has connections for your USB, 12V, and AC-powered devices.
The Goal Zero Yeti 150 is a gas-free source of portable power to keep lights, smartphones and laptops powered up through any situation. Its big lead-acid battery can store enough juice to be a limited source of emergency power during a blackout. The Yeti has connections to power your USB devices, as well as 12-volt and AC powered devices. One handy use would be powering a modem and router.
What makes the Yeti 150 so versatile is its substantial power storage capacity, and its ability to provide regulated power. Electronic devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops can be finicky when it comes to charging. If they don't get just the right amount and consistency of power, they often won't take a charge — especially laptops. The Yeti 150's USB port supplies regulated power to keep your gear happy.
With its compact design and built-in carry handle, the Yeti 150 is portable, but it tips the scales at 12 pounds, so you wouldn't want to carry it very far. It's intended more to be used as a backup power supply at home, in an RV, or in a cabin.
Three ways to charge the Yeti 150
There are three ways to keep the Yeti 150 charged up and ready to go. If you don't have access to a conventional source of power, you can connect the Yeti 150 to Goal Zero's Nomad 13 or Boulder 15 solar panel (a full recharge takes 20+ hours). Or, you can plug the Yeti 150 into your car's 12-volt accessory port (takes about 8 hours), or into an AC wall outlet, which requires about 6 hours.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
See more info on this item
- portable power source to keep electronic devices, lights, etc. powered under any conditions
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- can be charged from wall AC, your car's 12V port, or a Goal Zero solar panel
- AGM lead acid battery
- power output is 80 watts continuous, 160 watts max.
- battery capacity 168Wh (12V, 14Ah)
- built-in low-battery and overcharging protection
- inputs and outputs
- USB port for charging portable devices (5V, up to 2A, 10W max, regulated)
- 6mm charging port (12V, up to 10A, 120W max)
- 12V car port (12V, up to 10A, 120W max)
- AC inverter with 3-prong receptacle (110V/60Hz, up to 0.8A, 65W max, modified sine wave)
- 8mm input port for charging the Yeti 150 (14-29V, up to 5A, 60W max)
- convenient pop-up carry handle
- includes 4.7mm to 8mm adapter for connecting older Nomad panels
- 7-7/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 6-5/8"D
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee