Our take on the Goal Zero Lighthouse 250
A bright idea for camping or emergencies
The rugged, reliable Lighthouse 250 has fold-down legs, a carrying handle, and an integrated USB cable for charging.
Whether you're off the grid camping or hiking, or at home waiting out a power outage, Goal Zero's Lighthouse 250 will make a night-and-day difference. It combines a surprisingly bright LED lantern with a USB port for charging small devices like a smartphone, camera, or GPS unit. The Lighthouse 250's power source is a built-in rechargeable battery.
Clever controls put you in charge
The Lighthouse 250's controls let you choose between more light or longer-lasting light. There are dual LED lights, so you can just illuminate one side to light your way on a trail, or go with 2-sided light for full 360° coverage for a tent or campsite. Set at the very brightest mode, the Lighthouse will provide 2-1/2 hours of light, while at the dimmest setting you'll get about 48 hours.
Ways to charge the Lighthouse
To charge up the Lighthouse, use the integrated self-storing USB cable to connect to any powered USB source, like a laptop or any AC charger with a USB port. Or you can connect one of Goal Zero's solar panels, like the Nomad 7. In an emergency, there's even a pop-up hand crank you can use to charge the Lighthouse's battery, to provide light, or power to charge another device.
Weighing in at 1.1 pounds, the Lighthouse may be too heavy for some backpackers, but it's a terrific choice for tent camping, or a cabin or boat. In fact, it's a great portable emergency lighting option to keep on hand in your home and car. Like every Goal Zero product we've tried, the Lighthouse 250 is well thought out, well made, and easy to use.
- low power-draw dual-sided LED lantern (2 x 3W, 250 lumens)
- USB port for recharging devices, plus integrated USB cable for charging the Lighthouse
- rechargeable lithium-ion battery, capacity 16Wh (3.7V, 4400mAh)
- can be charged from any powered USB port, or by using the built-in dynamo hand crank, or by connecting one of Goal Zero's Nomad solar panels
- adjustable brightness, plus selectable single- or dual-side illumination
- run times:
- one side lit: 48 hours (low), 12 hours (high), 5 hours (turbo)
- both sides lit: 24 hours (low), 6 hours (high), 2.5 hours (turbo)
- pop-up hand crank: 1 minute of cranking = 10 minutes of light
- red emergency lights
- fold-away legs for easy packing and storage
- weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- 4-1/2" diameter x 6-5/8"H
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee