Our take on the Goal Zero Sherpa 100 Solar Kit
A mini power station for your backpack
This kit includes a bolt-on AC inverter module that comes pre-attached to the Sherpa 100.
The power-packed Sherpa 100 is the new star in Goal Zero's family of lightweight lithium-ion battery packs, and this combo kit offers even more portable power options. The Sherpa 100 Solar Kit can keep several USB and 12-volt devices charged up when you're away from home, whether you're out on the trail, in the air, or on the water. And when you are at home, the Sherpa 100 charger has enough juice to function as a limited source of emergency power during a blackout.
What makes the Sherpa 100 so versatile is its substantial power storage capacity, and its ability to provide regulated power. Electronic devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops are becoming increasingly finicky when it comes to charging. If they don't get just the right amount and consistency of power, they often won't take a charge — especially laptops. The Sherpa 100's USB and laptop ports supply regulated power to keep your gear happy.
Take your wall outlet with you
This kit includes an AC inverter module that comes pre-attached to the Sherpa 100 recharger. The inverter provides a standard 3-prong AC receptacle for compatibility with more devices, but the round opening makes no contact internally. This makes it super-easy to power laptops, tablets and camera batteries virtually anywhere.
Three ways to charge the Sherpa 100
There are three ways to keep the Sherpa 100 charged up and ready to go. If you don't have access to a conventional source of power, you can connect the Sherpa 100 to the included Nomad 20 solar panel and place it in the sun (a full recharge takes 10+ hours). Or, you can plug the Sherpa 100 into an AC wall outlet, or order the accessory cable from Goal Zero that lets you charge the Sherpa from your car's 12-volt accessory port.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
Sherpa 100 recharger:
- compact, lightweight rechargeable battery pack for charging laptops, tablets, lights, and small USB-powered devices
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- can be charged from wall AC (takes 3 hours), or the included Nomad 20 solar panel (takes 10+ hours)
- lithium-ion battery
- battery capacity 98Wh (11V, 8,800mAh)
- built-in low-battery and overcharging protection
- detachable AC power inverter
- inputs and outputs:
- two USB ports for charging portable devices (5V, up to 2.1A, 10W max, regulated)
- 7.4mm laptop port (19V, up to 6A, 120W max, regulated)
- 6mm Goal Zero charging port (12V, up to 10A, 120W max)
- 8mm input charging port for charging the Sherpa 50 (14-29V, up to 5A, 60W max)
- built-in LED flashlight
- 5-13/16"W x 1-1/2"H x 5-1/4"D (6-13/16"W with AC inverter)
- weight: 1.9 lbs.
- warranty: 6 months
Nomad 20 solar panel:
- compact, foldable 20-watt solar panel
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 0-120° F
- high-efficiency monocrystalline cell technology
- nylon loops make it easy to hang the panel from a backpack, in a car window, or in any convenient spot when camping
- capable of charging some small electronic devices directly (smartphones, GPS units, cameras)
- inputs and outputs:
- USB port for charging cell phones, MP3 players, etc. (regulated)
- 8mm solar port
- 2.5mm mini-port for charging a compatible Goal Zero recharger
- input port for chaining up to four Nomad panels together for more power and/or quicker charging
- ports and cables are located in a built-in pouch
- built-in pocket protects your device as it charges
- 8-1/2"W x 13"H x 1"D (folded); 30-1/2"W x 13"H x 1"D (unfolded)
- weight: 2.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- Note: panel cannot store power for charging after dark; storage requires included Sherpa 100 recharger