Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
The Livio Radio Bluetooth Internet Radio Car Kit doesn't just give you the ability to talk hands-free in your car with your compatible phone it also brings the magic of musical discovery to your car. Simply download the Livio Radio Car Internet Radio app to your iPhone or iPod touch and you'll have access to over 45,000 AM, FM, and Internet-only radio stations which you can play through your car's stereo system without any fees or monthly charges.
The Livio Radio Kit works in any vehicle with an FM radio and 12-volt outlet. Plug the Kit in, and then set your radio to the frequency shown on the Kit's display. The Kit broadcasts phone conversations and Bluetooth streaming audio to your car's radio via a built-in FM transmitter. The Kit's built-in USB charger lets you power your phone as you travel.
Access to over 45,000 radio stations
With the Livio Car Internet Radio app (available for free at the iTunes® App Store) on your iPhone or iPod touch, you can listen to audio from thousands of stations from around the world over 3G or Wi-Fi® data networks without subscription costs that you might find with other services. The app is optimized for use in the car, so you can easily see artist and title data on your device's screen and choose presets for favorite stations. You'll also see artist, song and station info on your display if your car stereo is RDS compatible. The Kit features play, pause, and stop buttons for controlling the music.
The compact, portable Kit features a built-in noise-canceling microphone for clear chatting. It pairs automatically with just about any Bluetooth phone for easy hands-free phone conversations. If your phone supports voice dialing or redial, you can reach out to others without ever touching your phone.
The Kit also supports A2DP Bluetooth audio streaming, so you can play tunes from your iPod touch, iPhone, or smartphone over your car radio without wires. If you would rather use a cord to connect the Kit to your radio's auxiliary input, Livio Radio built 3.5mm audio inputs and outputs onto the Kit, and includes a 3-foot long connection cable.
Bluetooth note: Bluetooth compatibility of this device may vary, depending on your phone and service provider.
- portable hands-free phone kit with FM transmitter optimized for iPhone and iPod touch
- power adapter with extension arm and 39" audio cable included
- USB charging port
- 3.5mm audio input and 3.5mm audio output
- works with optional Livio Radio Car Internet Radio app for free access to over 45,000 radio stations
- compatible with nearly any Bluetooth phone (uses built-in Bluetooth 2.1)
- noise-canceling microphone
- supports voice dialing if supported on phone
- supports A2DP Bluetooth audio streaming
- dimensions: 3-5/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 1-3/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Livio Radio Bluetooth® Internet Radio Car Kit Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Works well makes finding an open station and the best open station easy well built and functions well
Pros: As above
Cons: When the best channel is no longer free you have to find a new one, so while driving any distance the device becomes cumbersome
Brilliant value & functionality
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The Internet radio & hands free phone are flawless upgrades for my husband's 2001 car. Well worth the $.
Pros: Easy install, free Internet radio
Cons: Occasional static when traveling
Livio Radio Bluetooth
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
I bought this item for my husband to use in his new Jeep. He "reports" that he loves it, that it does more than he needs, and is very happy with it.
What's in the box?
- FM Transmitter/Bluetooth module
- 12-Volt power/cigarette-lighter adapter (with flex-arm)
- 39" Stereo minijack cable
- User Guide
Overview: The Livio Radio LVC02A is a Bluetooth Internet Radio Car Kit that lets you wirelessly connect your iPhone or smartphone to any FM car stereo for hands-free communication & audio streaming. You can also add Internet Radio to your factory radio through the Livio Car Internet Radio Application for iPhone. The Livio Bluetooth Internet Radio Car Kit works in any car with a 12-volt charging outlet & an FM stereo.
FM Transmitter with RDS: The Livio Bluetooth Internet Radio Car Kit (LVC02A) employs a built-in FM transmitter to wirelessly connect to your vehicle's factory FM radio. Using the Auto Scan Function, the Livio Bluetooth Internet Radio Car Kit automatically finds the available FM frequencies (88.1-107.9MHz) at the touch of a button. Then you simply tune your car's FM radio to the same frequency as the LVC02A. The unit will now be able to wirelessly transmit audio & data (artist/song/station) to your factory FM radio (must be RDS compatible).
Note: The Livio Radio LVC02A's FM transmitter can be switched to European tuning (87.9-107.9).
Bluetooth Technology: The Livio Bluetooth Internet Radio Car Kit features built-in Bluetooth Technology (ver.2.1) for hands-free calling & wireless audio streaming from your iPhone or smartphone.
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Calling with Noise-Cancelling Mic: The Livio Radio LVC02A offers Bluetooth hands-free calling (HFP/HSP) with built-in microphone (the caller's voice will be heard through your car speakers). You can safely answer your phone & make calls while driving. To make a call, you can either use the Voice Dial function or redial feature (your phone must also support these features). To dial a phone # or call from your phonebook, you will still need to use your phone's keypad or touchscreen.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Livio Radio LVC02A is a simple wireless audio solution for your vehicle. The LVC02A features Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) + remote control (AVRCP) for your Bluetooth enabled iPod touch, iPhone, or smartphone. This allows you to stream music from your Bluetooth enabled device to the LVC02A & your factory radio.
Car Internet Radio App: The Livio Car Internet Radio App (available free from the iTunes app store) offers access to more than 45,000 AM/FM & Internet-only stations from around the world. This is the first mobile Internet Radio solution optimized for use in the vehicle. There are no activation, subscription, or monthly fees, but the app streams audio data using your phone's Data Plan, so those charges are incurred. (The app is set to stop streaming when you are not using it in the vehicle, please always check to make sure that the app is not accidentally left on, as it may continue to use data.) The Livio Car Internet Radio App is compatible with the iPod touch (2nd/3rd/4th gen) & iPhone (3G/3GS/4).
Note: If your iPod touch or iPhone is not connected to the LVC02A Car Kit, the app will not be able to access the full station list unless you have paid for the upgrade package ($4.99). However, all your stored presets & favorites will still be available on your Apple device.
Auxiliary Connections: The Livio Radio LVC02A features both an auxiliary (3.5mm) input & output.
- Aux Input: The LVC02A is fitted with an auxiliary input (3.5mm) to connect your portable MP3 player to your factory radio.
- Aux Output: The LVC02A is also equipped with an auxiliary output (3.5mm) to connect the device to your factory radio's AUX input (if applicable), bypassing the unit's FM transmitter for a cleaner audio signal.
Note: One 39" stereo minijack is included.
USB Charger: The Livio Bluetooth Internet Radio Car Kit features an integrated USB charger with a USB (type-A) port to charge most USB-powered devices, such as your iPod touch, iPhone, or smartphone. The built-in USB charger provides up to a 5V/1A charge.
12-Volt Power Adapter: The Livio Bluetooth Internet Radio Car Kit (LVC02A) comes with a 12-volt power/cigarette-lighter adapter which plugs into your vehicle's 12-volt/cigarette-lighter port. The 12-volt power/cigarette-lither adapter has a flexible arm which attaches to the LVC02A.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.