Overview: The Genesis Technologies GT20 is an A/V receiver for your RV;
it has a DVD/CD player and AM/FM tuner built in, three composite video outputs,
multiple inputs for adding external components, and a digital amplifier to power
up to seven speakers (2 each in zones A, B, and C, plus a subwoofer in zone A).
The GT20 is powered with 12 volts DC and mounts in a standard Chassis Group B
Three Zone Output: The built-in amplifier (50 watts RMS
total output) powers speakers in three different zones (locations). Each zone is
individually selected (on/off) and all three can be used at the same time. The
main zone (A) is 2-channel stereo plus a subwoofer and zones B and C are two
channel stereo. The subwoofer output is amplified and designed to power the
SW-BOX4 subwoofer (804SWBOX4, sold separately).
- Width: 7.657"
- Height: 7.538"
- Depth: 5.05"
- Width: 9-1/8"
- Height: 8-3/8"
- Depth: 1-3/8"
Radio: The GT20 has AM and FM tuners built in with 27 FM presets
and 18 AM presets. The Auto Best Station Memory function will scan the AM or FM band
and store strong stations until all the presets are full (if that many stations are
CD/DVD Playback: The disc player is compatible with standard
size (5"/12cm, not the smaller 3-1/2"/8cm) CD, CD-R, DVD (Region 1),
DVD-R, and DVD+R discs, including MP3, MP4 (short video clips), and JPEG (photo)
Inputs/Outputs: The GT20 has an audio video input (rear panel
composite video and stereo RCAs), three analog audio inputs (one front panel 3.5mm
mini-jack and two pair of rear panel stereo RCAs), and a digital audio input (has
both optical and coaxial jacks, but only one or the other can be used) to easily
add outboard components; satellite TV receiver, audio from TV, etc. There is also
a line level output (stereo RCAs) to route audio to another component.
Video Output: There are three composite video outputs, one
for each zone.
SD/USB Compatibility: The front panel SD card slot and USB
port are compatible with memory devices up to 8 GB formatted as FAT 32 and will
play MP3 (music), MP4 (video), and JPEG (photo) files. The USB port will charge
an iPod, but iPod audio is not transferred via USB.
Bluetooth: The GT20 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver.
2.0 Class II transceiver, allowing you to pair a Bluetooth enabled cell phone
and make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver. There is a
microphone on the front panel and you can hear the other party through the
connected speakers. Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio
connectivity technology developed for mobile phones and other electronic
devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and
data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second. The GT20 also supports Bluetooth
Audio Streaming. Supported profiles include OPP, OBEX, SPP, A2DP, and AVRCP.
Menu: The setup menu has several sections:
- TV System: NTSC, PAL, Auto
- Auto Play: on, off
- Video: interlaced, RGB, progressive,
- TV Type: 4:3 pan and scan, 4:3 letterbox,
- Password: 4-digit code
- Rating: parental rating allowed; Kid
Safe, G, PG, PG13, PG-R, R, NC-17, Adult
- Default: restore default settings
- OSD: English, Chinese, German, Spanish,
- Audio: English, Chinese, Japanese, German,
Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Subtitle: English, Chinese, Japanese,
German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Off
- Menu: English, Chinese, Japanese, German,
Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Digital Audio: Off, RAW, PCM
- Key: adjust the pitch
- Brightness: 0 to 12
- Contrast: 0 to 12
- Hue: -6 to +6
- Saturation: 0 to 12
- Sharpness: 0 to 8
EQ: In addition to Bass and Treble adjustment, there are three
preset equalizer curves, Pop, Classical, and Rock.
Clock/Sleep Timer: The GT20 has a built-in clock and sleep
timer, allowing you to automatically turn the power off after a predetermined
amount of time. The sleep timer can be set between 10 and 90 minutes in 10 minute
- Antenna: Motorola
- A/V Input 1: Composite video and stereo audio RCA jacks
- Video Output: 3 RCA jacks
- Line Output: stereo RCA jacks
- Audio Input 2: stereo RCA jacks
- Audio Input 3: digital audio; both optical and coaxial;
only one or the other can be used
- Audio Input 4: stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Harness: 14-pin jack
- Power Harness: 4-pin jack (only two used)
- Service Terminal: USB mini B 2.0; JTAG port for firmware
update by authorized technician only
- Audio Input 1: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- SD: Standard SD card slot
- USB: Type-A port
- Maximum Current Consumption: 9 amps
- Total Continuous Power Output: 50 watts
- Load Impedance: 4Ω (4Ω-8Ω
- THD: typical 0.02%; maximum 0.3%
- Video Output Level: 1.0Vp-p +/-0.2V