Overview: The Genesis Technologies GT30 is an A/V receiver for your RV;
it has a DVD/CD player and AM/FM/Weather Band tuner built in, HDMI and composite
video outputs, multiple inputs for adding external components, and a digital amplifier
to power up to eleven speakers (5.2 channel surround sound in the main zone and two
additional zones with two speakers each). The GT30 is powered with 12 volts DC and
mounts in a standard Chassis Group A opening, 6-3/4" wide x 9-1/2" tall.
Three Zone Output: The built-in amplifier (200 watts RMS total
output) powers speakers in three different zones (locations). Each zone is individually
selected (on/off) and all three can be used at the same time. The main zone (A) has
5.2 channel surround sound and zones B and C are two channel stereo. The two subwoofer
outputs are amplified and designed to power SW-BOX4 subwoofers (804SWBOX4, sold separately).
- Width: 6.712"
- Height: 9.4"
- Depth: 5"
- Width: 8-1/4"
- Height: 11"
- Depth: 1-1/4"
Radio: The GT30 has AM, FM, and Weather Band tuners built
in with 27 FM presets and 18 AM presets. When you switch to the Weather Band the
tuner will automatically search for a frequency strong enough to tune. You can
also manually switch between the seven programmed Weather Band frequencies. The
Auto Best Station Memory function will scan the FM band and store strong stations
until all 27 presets are full (if 27 stations are available).
CD/DVD Playback: The disc player is compatible with standard
size (5"/12cm, not the smaller 3-1/2"/8cm) CD, CD-R, DVD, DVD-R, and
DVD+R discs, including MP3, MP4 (short video clips), and JPEG (photo) files.
Inputs/Outputs: The GT30 has two audio video inputs (both are
rear panel composite video and stereo RCA), two analog audio inputs (one front panel
3.5mm mini-jack and a pair of rear panel stereo RCAs), and one digital audio input
(optical and coaxial digital inputs, but you can only use one of them) to easily add
outboard components; satellite TV receiver, audio from TV, etc. There is also a line
level output (stereo RCAs) to route audio to another component.
Video Output: There are three composite video outputs (one for
each zone) and one HDMI output. The HDMI output is video only (audio is transferred
but the volume is too low to be useful) and the video resolution can be scaled to
480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.
SD/USB Compatibility: The front panel SD card slot and USB
port are compatible with memory devices up to 8 GB and will play MP3, MP4, and
JPEG files. The USB port will charge an iPod, but iPod audio is not transferred
Bluetooth: The GT30 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver.
2.0 Class II transceiver, allowing you to pair a Bluetooth enabled cell phone and
make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver. There is a microphone
on the front panel and you can hear the other party through the connected speakers.
Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology developed
for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency
range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second. The GT30 also
supports Bluetooth Audio Streaming. Supported profiles include OPP, OBEX, SPP, A2DP,
Wireless Remote Control: In addition to controlling the GT30,
the included remote is programmable and can learn codes from other devices' remotes.
Menu: The setup menu has several sections:
- TV System: NTSC, PAL, Auto
- Video: interlaced, RGB, progressive,
- Resolution: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i,
- TV Type: 4:3 pan and scan, 4:3 letterbox,
- Password: 4-digit code
- Rating: parental rating allowed; Kid
Safe, G, PG, PG13, PG-R, R, NC-17, Adult
- Default: restore default settings
- OSD: English, Chinese, German, Spanish,
- Audio: English, Chinese, Japanese, German,
Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Subtitle: English, Chinese, Japanese,
German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Off
- Menu: English, Chinese, Japanese, German,
Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Digital Audio: Off, RAW, PCM
- Key: adjust the pitch
- Front: Large, Small, Off
- Center: Large, Small, Off
- Rear: Large, Small, Off
- Brightness: 0 to 12
- Contrast: 0 to 12
- Hue: -6 to +6
- Saturation: 0 to 12
- Sharpness: 0 to 8
- Downmix: LT/RT, Stereo, VSS, 5.1
- Subwoofer: on, off
- Center Delay: 0 to 5ms (1ms increments)
- Rear Delay: 0 to 15ms (3ms increments)
- Bass Mode: Large, Small, Off
EQ: In addition to Bass and Treble adjustment, there are three
preset equalizer curves, Pop, Classical, and Rock.
Clock/Sleep Timer: The GT30 has a built-in clock and sleep
timer, allowing you to automatically turn the power off after a predetermined
amount of time. The sleep timer can be set between 10 and 90 minutes in 10 minute
- Antenna: Motorola
- A/V Input 1: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA
- SD Video Output: 3 male RCA
- A/V Input 2: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA
- IR Input: 3.5mm mini-jack
- Line Output: Female stereo RCA
- Digital Audio Input: Optical or Coaxial (can't use
- Audio Input 2: Female stereo RCA
- HD Video Output: HDMI
- USB: Type-A port
- SD: Standard SD card slot
- Service Terminal: USB mini B 2.0; JTAG port for
firmware update by authorized technician only
- Audio Input 1: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Maximum Current Consumption: 10 amps
- Total Continuous Power Output: 200 watts
- Load Impedance: 4Ω (4Ω-8Ω
- THD: typical 0.05%; maximum 0.1%
- Video Output Level: 1.0Vp-p +/-0.2V