Overview: The Concertone ZX690 is an A/V receiver for your RV;
it has a DVD/CD player and AM/FM/Weather Band tuner built in, three composite video
outputs, multiple inputs for adding external components, and a digital amplifier to
power up to eleven speakers (5.2 channel surround sound in the main zone and two
additional zones with two speakers each). The ZX690 is powered with 12 volts DC
and mounts in a standard Chassis Group A opening, 6-3/4" wide x 9-1/2"
Three Zone Output: The built-in amplifier (200 watts RMS total
output) powers speakers in three different zones (locations). Each zone is individually
selected (on/off) and all three can be used at the same time. The main zone (A) has
5.2 channel surround sound and zones B and C are two channel stereo. The two subwoofer
outputs are amplified and designed to power Concertone's SW-BOX4 subwoofers (item number
804SWBOX4, sold separately).
- Width: 6.721"
- Height: 9.41"
- Depth: 5-1/4"
- Width: 8-1/4"
- Height: 10-3/4"
- Depth: 1-5/8"
Radio: The ZX690 has AM, FM, and Weather Band tuners built
in with 27 FM presets and 18 AM presets. When you switch to the Weather Band the
tuner will automatically search for a frequency strong enough to tune. You can
also manually switch between the seven programmed Weather Band frequencies. The
Auto Best Station Memory function will scan the AM or FM band and store strong
stations until all the presets are full (if that many stations are available).
CD/DVD Playback: The disc player is compatible with standard
size (5"/12cm, not the smaller 3-1/2"/8cm) CD, CD-R, DVD (Region 1),
DVD-R, and DVD+R discs, including MP3, MP4 (short video clips), and JPEG (photo)
Inputs/Outputs: The ZX690 has two audio video inputs (both are
rear panel composite video and stereo RCAs) and two analog audio inputs (one front
panel 3.5mm mini-jack and a pair of rear panel stereo RCAs) to easily add outboard
components; satellite TV receiver, audio from TV, etc. There is also a line level
output (stereo RCAs) to route audio to another component.
Video Output: There are three composite video outputs, one
for each zone.
SD/USB Compatibility: The front panel SD card slot and USB
port are compatible with MP3 (music), MP4 (video), and JPEG (photo) files. The
USB port will charge an iPod, but iPod audio is not transferred via USB.
Wireless Remote Control: In addition to controlling the ZX690,
the included remote is programmable and can learn codes from other devices' remotes.
Menu: The setup menu has several sections:
- TV System: NTSC, PAL, Auto
- Auto Play: on, off
- Video: interlaced, RGB, progressive,
- TV Type: 4:3 pan and scan, 4:3 letterbox,
- Password: 4-digit code
- Rating: parental rating allowed; Kid
Safe, G, PG, PG13, PG-R, R, NC-17, Adult
- Default: restore default settings
- OSD: English, Chinese, German, Spanish,
- Audio: English, Chinese, Japanese, German,
Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Subtitle: English, Chinese, Japanese,
German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Off
- Menu: English, Chinese, Japanese, German,
Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Digital Audio: Off, RAW, PCM
- Key: adjust the pitch
- Brightness: 0 to 12
- Contrast: 0 to 12
- Hue: -6 to +6
- Saturation: 0 to 12
- Sharpness: 0 to 8
- Downmix: LT/RT, Stereo, VSS, 5.1
- Subwoofer: on, off
- Center Delay: 0 to 5 feet (1 foot increments)
- Rear Delay: 0 to 15 feet (3 foot increments)
- Bass Mode: all large speakers, all small speakers,
EQ: In addition to Bass and Treble adjustment, there are three
preset equalizer curves, Pop, Classical, and Rock.
iPod Dock: An iPod Dock/Wall Plate is available (item number
804ZW150B, sold separately) to charge select iPods and integrate them with the
ZX690. The ZW150B is compatible with the 4th generation iPod, the iPod mini, the 5th generation
iPod, the 1st generation iPod classic (80 GB and 160 GB, introduced in 2007), the
2nd generation iPod classic (120 GB), the 1st generation iPod nano, the 2nd generation
iPod nano, the 3rd generation iPod nano, and the 4th
generation iPod nano.
Satellite Radio Dock: An OnyX
XM Radio Dock/Wall Plate is available (item number
804ZW125, sold separately) to integrate your OnyX tuner with the ZX690.
Clock/Sleep Timer: The ZX690 has a built-in clock and sleep
timer, allowing you to automatically turn the power off after a predetermined
amount of time. The sleep timer can be set between 10 and 90 minutes in 10 minute
- Antenna: Motorola
- A/V Input 1: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA jacks
- Video Output: 3 male RCA
- A/V Input 2: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA jacks
- IR Input: 3.5mm mini-jack
- Line Output: Female stereo RCA jacks
- Audio Input 2: Female stereo RCA
- USB: Type-A port
- SD: Standard SD card slot
- Audio Input 1: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Maximum Current Consumption: 10 amps
- Total Continuous Power Output: 200 watts
- Load Impedance: 4Ω (4Ω-8Ω
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-20 kHz
- S/N: 90 dBA
- Mounting Angle: 0 to +/-30°
- Video Output Level: 1.0Vp-p +/-0.2V
- Usable AM Sensitivity (-20 dB): 25 dB
- Usable FM Sensitivity (-30 dB): 15 dB
- FM S/N: 60 dB
- FM Stereo Separation (1 kHz): 30 dB
- FM Frequency Response: 30 Hz-15 kHz