Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Designed for a smaller RV
Concertone's ZX85 DVD receiver offers many of the benefits of its big brothers, the ZX690 and ZX800, but with power and speaker options better suited to a smaller RV. But that doesn't mean you'll lack for entertainment and communication options in your home on wheels.
Three zones of A/V output
The ZX85's amp boasts 7 channels that power three different zones, with a 2.1 stereo/subwoofer output for your main room, plus four channels to cover two other stereo zones. And you can send video to all three zones as well, so everybody can enjoy your programming.
Bluetooth® and plenty of media options
Built-in Bluetooth brings you the convenience of hands-free calling and audio streaming when you're on the road. The receiver will play your video DVDs, along with store-bought CDs and CDs and DVDs burned with MP3 files. You can connect your audio and video sources to the two audio inputs and rear audio/video input. The multi-function remote lets you control the receiver without having to leave the comfort of your chair.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- 7 amplifier channels with 50 watts total RMS power output
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and SD cards (see Details for full capabilities)
- 3-zone output — 2.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C
- inputs: front-panel USB and SD card inputs, front-panel aux input input, two rear A/V inputs, rear auxiliary input, rear digital audio input
- outputs: 3 composite video outputs; 3-zone speaker outputs (2.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C); 2-channel preamp outputs
- mounting dimensions: 7-11/16" W x 7-9/16" H x 5-1/16" D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Concertone ZX85 Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Product arrived promptly. The Crutchfield representative assured me the connectors would match the old radio I was replacing and the opening would need to be enlarged somewhat. The unit connected just as promised and I had to enlarge the opening. Very pleased with the new radio. Thanks!
Pros: More power
Cons: non yet.
What's in the box?
- ZX85 DVD/Receiver
- Wireless remote control
- CR2025 Battery
- Speaker wiring harness
- Power wiring harness
- Owner's manual
Overview: The Concertone ZX85 is an A/V receiver for your RV; it has a DVD/CD player and AM/FM tuner built in, three composite video outputs, multiple inputs for adding external components, and a digital amplifier to power up to seven speakers (2 each in zones A, B, and C, plus a subwoofer in zone A). The ZX85 is powered with 12 volts DC and mounts in a standard Chassis Group B opening.
Three Zone Output: The built-in amplifier (50 watts RMS total output) powers speakers in three different zones (locations). Each zone is individually selected (on/off) and all three can be used at the same time. The main zone (A) is 2-channel stereo plus a subwoofer and zones B and C are two channel stereo. The subwoofer output is amplified and designed to power Concertone's SW-BOX4 subwoofer (item number 804SWBOX4, sold separately).
- Width: 7.657"
- Height: 7.538"
- Depth: 5.05"
- Width: 9-1/8"
- Height: 8-3/8"
- Depth: 1-3/8"
Radio: The ZX85 has AM and FM tuners built in with 27 FM presets and 18 AM presets. The Auto Best Station Memory function will scan the AM or FM band and store strong stations until all the presets are full (if that many stations are available).
CD/DVD Playback: The disc player is compatible with standard size (5"/12cm, not the smaller 3-1/2"/8cm) CD, CD-R, DVD (Region 1), DVD-R, and DVD+R discs, including MP3, MP4 (short video clips), and JPEG (photo) files.
Inputs/Outputs: The ZX85 has an audio video input (rear panel composite video and stereo RCAs), three analog audio inputs (one front panel 3.5mm mini-jack and two pair of rear panel stereo RCAs), and a digital audio input (has both optical and coaxial jacks, but only one or the other can be used) to easily add outboard components; satellite TV receiver, audio from TV, etc. There is also a line level output (stereo RCAs) to route audio to another component.
Video Output: There are three composite video outputs, one for each zone.
SD/USB Compatibility: The front panel SD card slot and USB port are compatible with memory devices up to 8 GB formatted as FAT 32 and will play MP3 (music), MP4 (video), and JPEG (photo) files. The USB port will charge an iPod, but iPod audio is not transferred via USB.
Bluetooth: The ZX85 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 2.0 Class II transceiver, allowing you to pair a Bluetooth enabled cell phone and make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver. There is a microphone on the front panel and you can hear the other party through the connected speakers. Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology developed for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second. The ZX85 also supports Bluetooth Audio Streaming. Supported profiles include OPP, OBEX, SPP, A2DP, and AVRCP.
Menu: The setup menu has several sections:
- TV System: NTSC, PAL, Auto
- Auto Play: on, off
- Video: interlaced, RGB, progressive, S-video
- TV Type: 4:3 pan and scan, 4:3 letterbox, 16:9
- Password: 4-digit code
- Rating: parental rating allowed; Kid Safe, G, PG, PG13, PG-R, R, NC-17, Adult
- Default: restore default settings
- OSD: English, Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese
- Audio: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Subtitle: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Off
- Menu: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Digital Audio: Off, RAW, PCM
- Key: adjust the pitch
- Brightness: 0 to 12
- Contrast: 0 to 12
- Hue: -6 to +6
- Saturation: 0 to 12
- Sharpness: 0 to 8
EQ: In addition to Bass and Treble adjustment, there are three preset equalizer curves, Pop, Classical, and Rock.
iPod Dock: An iPod Dock/Wall Plate is available (item number 804ZW150B, sold separately) to charge select iPods and integrate them with the ZX85. The ZW150B is compatible with the 4th generation iPod, the iPod mini, the 5th generation iPod, the 1st generation iPod classic (80 GB and 160 GB, introduced in 2007), the 2nd generation iPod classic (120 GB), the 1st generation iPod nano, the 2nd generation iPod nano, the 3rd generation iPod nano, and the 4th generation iPod nano.
Satellite Radio Dock: An OnyX XM Radio Dock/Wall Plate is available (item number 804ZW125, sold separately) to integrate your OnyX tuner with the ZX85.
Clock/Sleep Timer: The ZX85 has a built-in clock and sleep timer, allowing you to automatically turn the power off after a predetermined amount of time. The sleep timer can be set between 10 and 90 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Antenna: Motorola
- A/V Input 1: Composite video and stereo audio RCA jacks
- Video Output: 3 RCA jacks
- Line Output: stereo RCA jacks
- Audio Input 2: stereo RCA jacks
- Audio Input 3: digital audio; both optical and coaxial; only one or the other can be used
- Audio Input 4: stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Harness: 14-pin jack
- Power Harness: 4-pin jack (only two used)
- Service Terminal: USB mini B 2.0; JTAG port for firmware update by authorized technician only
- Audio Input 1: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- SD: Standard SD card slot
- USB: Type-A port
- Maximum Current Consumption: 9 amps
- Total Continuous Power Output: 50 watts
- Load Impedance: 4Ω (4Ω-8Ω allowable)
- THD: typical 0.02%; maximum 0.3%
- Video Output Level: 1.0Vp-p +/-0.2V 75Ω
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.