Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Heat build-up from your electronic components can seriously affect their performance in some cases, it can actually cause damage. That's why BoraGear created their Bora cooling fan.
Designed for enclosed wooden cabinets, the fan pushes though 65 cubic feet of air every minute to keep your system cool and operating at its best. The Bora fan sits on vibration isolators, and is driven by a whisper-quiet motor. A motor that only generates about 10dB of sound the equivalent of rustling leaves.
Despite its compact size, the fan can cool a cabinet of up to 33 cubic feet.
- whisper-quiet cooling fan (10 dB)
- airflow: 65 cubic feet per minute
- cools cabinets with up to 33 cubic feet of enclosed space
- always on controllable via a switched AC convenience outlet
- 7"W x 2-5/8"H x 6-1/2"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
BoraGear Bora Reviews
What's in the box?
- Bora cooling fan mounted in black metal box
- AC adapter/power supply with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output 12V/500mA)
- Instruction sheet
- Hole cutting template
Overview: The BoraGear Bora cooling fan is designed to provide ventilation for electronic components mounted in wooden cabinets up to 33 cubic feet. The Bora is mounted on rubber vibration isolators to provide whisper-quiet 10dB operation. The enclosed fan sides provide lower noise level and excellent impact protection. The fan provides a brisk 65 cubic feet per minute airflow, and is powered by a 12-volt power supply (included).
Installation: The Bora is designed to be installed inside a cabinet, pulling air from inside the cabinet and blowing it out into the room. A 4-1/2" diameter round hole should be cut for the exhaust flange. The fan installs easily with the 4 captive mounting screws. The 12-volt power supply has a 6' cord which plugs into the bottom of the fan. The fan is constantly on, but can be controlled via a switched outlet that turns on with the A/V system.
Ventilation System Guidelines: A proper ventilation system should have a proper-sized intake and an exhaust with no obstructions within 4 inches. The fan should be mounted at the back of the cabinet near the top. The intake should be on or near the bottom front of the cabinet, and should have at least 16 square inches of open space. The equipment should be between the intake and exhaust of the cabinet in order for cooling air to flow over the top of the components. The shelves need to have gaps in front and back to allow air to flow in front of and behind them.
BoraGear Accessories: For constructing the most efficient equipment cabinet, you will need the following accessories from BoraGear:
- Toe Kick Vent: This 17-1/2" x 2-5/8" vent is for the air intake. Made of durable ABS plastic, the vent comes in black or white.
- Cabinet Vent: This 5-1/2" x 4-7/8" vent is for covering the round 4-1/2" exhaust hole. This vent is also made of ABS plastic, and is available in black or white.
- Hole Saw: This heavy duty hole saw cuts a 4-1/2" diameter round hole in the cabinet for installing the Bora cooling fan.
- Rack Light: The Corona rack light illuminates your equipment rack from the inside to make it easier to connect your components.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.