Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Do your audio/video components live in an enclosed closet or cabinet? If so, the heat they generate while operating could affect their operation or even damage them. A cooling fan is the solution, but how do you know when to turn it on? The answer is the Bora Lite THS. It has a built-in thermal switch that automatically activates the fan when the temperature inside the enclosure reaches 85°. Your gear receives the cooling air circulation it needs, and only when it needs it.
The fan moves 65 cubic feet of air per minute. The frame is specially designed to isolate any vibration from the fan, so there's no sympathetic hum from your cabinet. And the fan itself is amazingly quiet, emitting a mere 11dB soft as the rustle of leaves.
- super-quiet cooling fan (11 dB)
- airflow: 65 cubic feet per minute
- cools cabinets with up to 33 cubic feet of enclosed space
- built-in thermal switch activates fan at 85°
- AC power adapter
- 6"W x 2-3/8"H x 6"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
BoraGear Bora Lite THS Reviews
What's in the box?
- Bora Lite THS cooling fan mounted on black metal plate with 8" power cord
- AC adapter/power supply with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output 12V/500mA)
- Instruction sheet
- Hole cutting template
Overview: The BoraGear Bora Lite THS cooling fan is designed to provide ventilation for electronic components mounted in wooden cabinets up to 33 cubic feet. The Bora Lite THS is essentially a Bora model without the metal enclosure and rubber vibration isolators. The cooling fan is simply mounted to a metal plate. It still provides quiet 11dB operation, and a brisk 65 cubic feet per minute airflow. It is powered by a 12-volt power supply (included). The Bora Lite THS adds a thermal switch that automatically activates the fan when the temperature inside the cabinet reaches 85°F.
Installation: The Bora Lite THS is designed to be installed inside a cabinet, pulling air from inside the cabinet and blowing it out into the room. A 4-1/2" diameter round hole should be cut for the exhaust flange. The fan installs easily with the 4 captive mounting screws. The 12-volt power supply has a 6' cord which plugs into the 8" pigtail coming out of the fan.
Ventilation System Guidelines: A proper ventilation system should have a proper-sized intake and an exhaust with no obstructions within 4". The fan should be mounted at the back of the cabinet near the top. The intake should be on or near the bottom front of the cabinet, and should have at least 16 square inches of open space. The equipment should be between the intake and exhaust of the cabinet in order for cooling air to flow over the top of the components. The shelves need to have gaps in front and back to allow air to flow in front of and behind them.
BoraGear Accessories: For constructing the most efficient equipment cabinet, you will need the following accessories from BoraGear:
- Toe Kick Vent: This 17-1/2" x 2-5/8" vent is for the air intake. Made of durable ABS plastic, the vent comes in black or white.
- Cabinet Vent: This 5-1/2" x 4-7/8" vent is for covering the round 4-1/2" exhaust hole. This vent is also made of ABS plastic, and is available in black or white.
- Hole Saw: This heavy duty hole saw cuts a 4-1/2" diameter round hole in the cabinet for installing the Bora Lite THS cooling fan.
- Rack Light: The Corona rack light illuminates your equipment rack from the inside to make it easier to connect your components.