Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
If you have two or more components stacked on top of each other in your A/V cabinet, you may have a problem. The heat generated from the unit on the bottom has no place to go so it stays trapped between components. And that trapped heat can not only interfere with the performance of your equipment, but possibly cause damage, as well.
The BoraGear Norte is a great solution for cooling stacked components. The system features four whisper-quiet fans mounted in an open frame. Simply place it on top of the component you need to cool, then place another component on top of it. Or even another. The frame will support over 500 lbs.
The system's lid prevents heat from passing through to equipment sitting on top of it. The fans pull 20 cubic feet of air per minute across the component they're resting on. And they do it quietly. The fans are vibration-isolated, and only generate a barely noticeable 14dB of noise. The system's built-in thermal switch triggers the fans when the temperature reaches 85°, so the Norte's always working when your gear needs it.
- stackable component cooling system
- 4 whisper-quiet, vibration-isolated fans in open-design frame
- airflow: 20 cubic feet per minute
- lid block rising heat
- triggered by built-in 85° thermal switch
- fans generate 14dB of noise
- 17"W x 2-1/8"H x 15"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
BoraGear Norte Reviews
What's in the box?
- Norte component cooling system
- AC adapter/power supply with attached 6' DC output cord (DC output 12V/500mA)
- Instruction sheet
Overview: The BoraGear Norte component cooling system is designed to provide ventilation for individual electronic components mounted in an enclosed cabinet. It is intended to sit on top of a hot piece of equipment, such as a receiver or amplifier, and pull cooler air across the component and keep the heated air away. It also blocks heat from reaching components that may be above it. You can also place the unit between components when your equipment is stacked. The Norte is powered by a 12-volt power supply (included), and has a thermal switch that automatically activates the fans when the temperature reaches 85°F.
Construction: The Norte is 17" wide and 15" deep, roughly the size of a standard receiver or amplifier. It contains four 1-1/2" ultra-quiet fans that move 20 cubic feet of air per minute from the front to the back of the cabinet. The total noise level is only 14dB. The Norte's rugged frame provides a shelf that will support over 500 pounds on its top. The six non-skid feet protect the components, dampen vibration, and prevent movement of the stack. The 12-volt power supply has a 6' cord which plugs into the back of the unit.
Note: Due to the spacing of the feet, the size of the component the Norte rests upon must be at least 16.5" wide and 10" deep.
Cabinet Ventilation Recommendations: Once the Norte has cooled the amplifiers, the heated air still needs to be vented out of the cabinet. The Bora, Bora Lite, and Bora Lite THS cooling fans, along with the proper-sized intake and exhaust vents provide an excellent solution.
BoraGear Accessories: For constructing the most efficient equipment cabinet, you will need the following accessories from BoraGear:
- Toe Kick Vent: This 17-1/2" x 2-5/8" vent is for the air intake. Made of durable ABS plastic, the vent comes in black or white.
- Cabinet Vent: This 5-1/2" x 4-7/8" vent is for covering the round 4-1/2" exhaust hole. This vent is also made of ABS plastic, and is available in black or white.
- Hole Saw: This heavy duty hole saw cuts a 4-1/2" diameter round hole in the cabinet for installing the Bora, Bora Lite, or Bora Lite THS cooling fan.
- Rack Light: The Corona rack light illuminates your equipment rack from the inside to make it easier to connect your components.