Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
65" weather-proof outdoor 1080p LCD HDTV (Silver)
Our take on the SunBriteTV® 6560HD by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
SunBriteTVs play outside in every kind of weather
Here's a cool way to bring together two things we all love: watching TV and being outdoors. Instead of lugging a regular TV outside, finding a place to set it, and then keeping a close eye on the weather, you could have a TV that's designed to live outdoors. The 65" 6560HD is the largest model in SunBriteTV's Signature Series, which offers most of the weather-proof features of their flagship Pro Series, but at significantly lower prices. Its rugged ASA outdoor-rated high-impact resin exterior resists heat, cold, and moisture. A multi-fan airflow system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122°F, and this TV will keep performing flawlessly even when the temperature dips to -24°F.
A weather-proof TV needs weather-proof connections
SunBriteTV has designed an innovative water-tight connection bay that keeps cables dry and simplifies hooking up your components. You'll find two HDMI inputs for high-def sources like a Blu-ray player and a cable or satellite TV box. There's a standard PC input for your computer, too. SunBriteTV really thought of everything even the remote control is weather-proof.
What's in the Box:
- 65" Outdoor LCD TV
- Speaker module
- Remote control
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Outdoor dust cover
- Operator's Manual
- 65" screen (measured diagonally)
- matte screen with silver bezel and cabinet
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner (subscription required to receive cable channels contact your local service provider for details)
- ASA outdoor rated High-Impact Resin exterior
- designed to protect internal components from rain, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air
- water-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hookup
- multi-fan airflow system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122°F
- cold weather operation in temperatures as low as -24°F
- fluorescent backlight
- 5000:1 contrast ratio
- 240Hz refresh rate for smooth video motion
- weather-proof detachable speaker module (20 watts)
- weather-proof remote control
Connections and Dimensions:
- 5 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite/S-video
- 2 component video
- 2 HDMI v1.3
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- minijack audio output
- RS232 port for use with automated control systems
- wall-mountable (SunBriteTV weather-proof articulating bracket sold separately)
- 60-1/2"W x 38-1/8"H x 7-1/2"D
- weight: 150 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor for residential use, 1 year for commercial use in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
SunBriteTV® 6560HD Reviews
What's in the box?
- 65" Outdoor LCD TV
- Speaker module
- Remote control
- Two "AAA" batteries
- Outdoor dust cover
- Operator's Manual
Features and Specs
Outdoor All-Weather TV: The SunBriteTV outdoor LCD television has been designed to withstand the rigors of the outdoor environment and provide many years of optimum viewing. This TV can be permanently mounted outdoors. Its ASA outdoor rated high-impact resin exterior is engineered to protect internal components from rain, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air.
- Weather-Proof Materials: Weather-proof materials are used in every component of SunBriteTVs. Stainless steel and galvanized metal parts are used throughout the TV to resist the corrosive effects of water and humidity. Protective gaskets, stripping, and grommets are specially selected to resist the harmful effects of salt air and sunlight. All models utilize an innovative watertight cable entry system and cable pass-through design that protects the cables and inputs from the elements. Even the powerful built-in two-way 20-watt speakers are sealed against rain and moisture.
- Internal Climate Control System: All SunBriteTV models are designed for permanent outdoor installation in extreme heat (up to 122°F) and cold weather (-24°F). The TVs feature an internal climate control system which consists of temperature sensors and a filtered multi-fan airflow system that quietly keeps the unit cool to provide protection and long-life to the internal components.
Anti-Glare Bright LCD Panels: The SunBriteTV outdoor television features an anti-glare LCD panel. Ever try to watch an indoor TV with the sun streaming through a window? If you sit close enough to the screen you can often see your reflection-like looking in a mirror. This is because most indoor TVs have a high gloss finish that enhances color performance. In the bright light of the outdoors, this reflective effect of the screen is greatly multiplied making it a challenge to see any picture at all. That's why SunBriteTV outdoor TVs are equipped with LCD panels that have a high haze factor that help absorb the ambient light, making them resistant to this glare.
240Hz Refresh Rate: The SunBriteTV outdoor LCD television combines 120 frames-per-second with an advanced backlight blinking system to simulate a 240 Hz effect for smooth and precise detail during fast-action scenes.
HDTV Tuner: The outdoor LCD TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
1080p Resolution: The SunBriteTV outdoor LCD television has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. All of the television's video inputs are displayed at 1080p.
Video Inputs: The SunBriteTV outdoor television is equipped with high-definition (HDMI/Component) and standard-definition (Composite/S-video) video inputs.
- HDMI: The two HDMI inputs can be used to connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player, or Satellite/Cable box with an HDMI output. The HDMI jack will accept 1080i/p, 720p, and 480i/p video signals.
- Component Video: The two Component Video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, and 480i/p signals.
- Composite Video: The TV is also equipped with a composite video input (480i only).
- S-Video: In addition, the TV is equipped with an S-video input (480i only).
Note: The TV's composite and S-video in put share the same stereo audio input.
PC Compatible: A 15-pin HD15 jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo mini-jack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal. The PC input can accept up to a 1920 x 1080 signal. The TV's HDMI inputs can also be used to connect your computer.
Audio Outputs: The SunBriteTV outdoor television offers analog and digital audio outputs.
- Analog Output (variable): The TV's 3.5mm analog audio output is used to connect your home theater receiver or soundbar system. You will need a minijack-to-RCA adapter (119MCON2M, sold separately) to make a stereo RCA connection between the television and your AV receiver. The TV's analog audio output terminal will output 2ch audio from any of the television's source inputs.
- Digital Audio Output: An optical digital output is provided to allow you to connect the unit to a surround processor. The TV's digital audio output terminal outputs a Dolby Digital or 2-channel down-mixed PCM signal for use with an external Dolby Digital decoder or other external audio system with an digital audio input.
Picture Settings: This menu changes the picture settings for all of the television inputs.
- Picture Mode: Contrast, Brightness, Color, & Sharpness
- Advanced Video controls: Color Temperature, Zoom Mode, Noise Reduction & Adaptive Contrast.
Audio Settings: This menu manages the audio settings; such as Bass, Treble, Balance, AVC (Automatic Volume Control), Digital Output, and Audio Language (En/Fr/Sp).
Parental Control: You can select a viewing limitation based on TV and movie ratings (protected by a 4-digit passcode).
Close Captions (CC): The SunBriteTV television provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes.
Water-Resistant Remote Control: The outdoor LCD TV includes a water-resistant IR remote control. remote is designed for outside use and has a high output transmitter to provide reliable operation in an outdoor environment. "Water-resistant" means that the remote control can be in water for short periods of time without damaging the internal workings of the unit. It can be left in the rain, and even dropped in water, as long as it is retrieved quickly. The remote control should not be left floating in water.
IR Emitter Input: The outdoor TV features a 3.5mm IR emitter input which can be used to connect an optional IR emitter cable (sold separately).
RS232 Control: The RS232 control feature maximizes system integration and programming security.
Mounting Options: The outdoor TV can be wall mounted using SunBriteTV's optional wall-mount brackets (817SBWM46/817SBWM46N, sold separately). The TV has 4 threaded screw holes with a horizontal spacing of 600mm and a vertical spacing of 400mm. The screw holes all accept M8 (8mm) screws. The TV weighs 150.0 lbs without the stand.
Note: When using the TV outdoors, you must use a GFI protected AC outlet with "in-use" waterproof cover.
Placement: The TV must be installed at least 5' from pool, spa, or other body of water. The TV should be installed so the screen is not facing direct sunlight, or can be easily turned away from direct sunlight. Ideal placement is in an area where the TV is shaded by trees, landscape and/or structures, or under a patio cover or gazebo. Adequate ventilation must be maintained to ensure reliable and continued operation and to protect the television from overheating. Do not block ventilation slots and openings with objects, or install the television in a place where ventilation may be hindered. There must be at least 1.5" of space on all sides.
Note: If the sun shines directly on the screen for long periods of time, dark areas may develop on the screen. This is a normal reaction for the LCD panel, and will not cause damage to the screen. Either turn the screen away from the sun, or apply shade to the TV, and the dark areas will quickly disappear.
Auto Standby: The outdoor LCD TV features a power saving mode which will automatically turn off the TV if there is no signal provided for more than 15 minutes.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.