Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Enjoy crisp, clear 3D viewing anytime
Do you own a 3D TV or 3D projector? If you've watched much in 3D you'll probably agree that it makes for a much more immersive viewing experience. The problem is finding enough 3D material to watch. There still aren't that many 3D Blu-ray titles, and cable and satellite programs in 3D are limited. Most 3D TVs include basic 2D-to-3D conversion, but the results can be...underwhelming. And that's understandable because converting high-definition 2D video to 3D in real time requires serious processing power — the kind of power built into the compact 3D-Bee Diamond.
This is a job for a specialist
VEFXi builds sophisticated video processors. Some of their products are made for consumers and some are made for broadcast professionals. The 3D-Bee Diamond is their best 2D-to-3D converter for consumers. VEFXi's brilliant technology delivers crisp, natural looking 3D. Any 2D high-def video (720p, 1080i or 1080p) can be converted to 3D. All your HDMI video sources — cable or satellite TV box, Blu-ray player, video game console, HD camcorder or DSLR — will come to life in beautiful 3D. The 3D-Bee also works with media streamers like Apple TV®, so you can give web video from Netflix®, Hulu®, and YouTube® the 3D treatment.
You're in control
It's easy to add the 3D-Bee to your system. Just connect an HDMI cable from each video source — up to four— to the 3D-Bee, then use a single HDMI cable from the converter to your TV. Whenever you want to watch in 3D, just switch on the 3D-Bee using the supplied remote. The converter does a very convincing job of making video that was shot in 2D look like it was shot in 3D. Its state-of-the-art 2D-to-3D conversion is enhanced significantly by its controls for the 3D effect. That really sets this box apart from the 3D conversion capabilities of 3D TVs. There are presets for movies, sports, and gaming, as well as independent controls for image depth and image "pop-out," each with 11 different settings. So, if you like your 3D with just a little added depth, you can have it. Or if you prefer a more over-the-top experience with objects appearing to fly out of the screen, you can do that, too. It's 3D your way.
- 2D-to-3D converter converts high-definition 2D video sources to 3D
- compatible with 3D TVs and 3D projectors that support side-by-side 3D formatting (virtually all current models do)
- capable of converting high-definition video from Blu-ray players, cable/satellite TV boxes, video game consoles, media streamers like Apple TV®, and camcorders
- video input resolution must be 720p, 1080i, or 1080p for side-by-side 3D mode; 720p for frame-sequential 3D mode
- video output resolution is same as input resolution
- Hornet Depth Engine provides controls for customizing the 3D effect
- features 6 presets optimized for movies, sports, and gaming
- Advanced 3D mode includes 11 settings for depth magnitude and video pop-out
- bypass mode for watching video without conversion
- remote control
- HDMI connections (4 in, 1 out)
- AC power adapter included
- 7-1/8"W x 1-1/16"H x 4-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
VEFXi 3D-Bee™ Diamond Reviews
Average Customer Review:
One of the best Converters out there for the price
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
The 3D Bee is good for what it does. The 3D conversion is good, but varies depending on content. It will not compare to native 3D content, but it's better than most "built in" converters. The settings are customizable, and this version passes 3D blu ray with no issues (platinum version does not). The presets it comes with are good as well. I have not had a chance to test it with a lot of content, but it's good enough so far that I am going to keep it. Giving it 4 stars because it has a hard power off switch (no power off/on via remote control). So, the unit is always on unless you want to manually turn it off and on each time you turn your system on. It is also packaged pretty well and includes remote batteries. The device is compatible with universal remotes (using a harmony), you just have to teach the remote the actual raw commands. Also, I am running this on a 2007 Samsung LED DLP TV with the Mitsubishi 3D-100S 3D converter kit, along with a 3D A/V receiver. All work flawlessly together and have no issues with HDMI sync. The current sale price is excellent and I got a sweet open box deal.
Pros: Good conversion quality compared to other ones out there. Small and fits easily anywhere. Settings are very customizable.
Cons: Power On/Off cannot be controlled via remote control.
What's in the box?
- 2D-to-3D converter
- AC Power adapter (w/ attached 5.5' DC cord)
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- User Guide
2D-to-3D Converter: The 3D-Bee Diamond real-time 2D to 3D converter features the Hornet Depth Engine which is an upgrade to the original Honey Bee Engine in previous 3D-Bee converters. The 3D-Bee Diamond outperforms the built-in 2D-3D convertors found in today's Blu-ray players and flat-panel TVs. It renders backgrounds and foregrounds continuously deeper and does not need to downscale the resolution prior to conversion, resulting in a better 3D image. The 2D to 3D converter also offers exceptional customization capabilities to make your 3D experience even better.
3D Compatibility: The 3D-Bee Diamond 2D to 3D converter converts high-definition 2D video sources (such as Blu-ray, cable/satellite TV, game console, media streamer, and camcorder) to 3D video on your 3D compatible flat-panel TV or projector. Its compatible with side-by-side (most common) and frame-sequential 3D formats.
- Side-by-Side 3D: The side-by-side 3D format is the recommended format for watching 3D output from the converter on a 3D TV. For this output mode, the input 2D video signal must be at 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolution with a frame rate between 24Hz and 60Hz.
- Frame Sequential 3D: Frame-sequential 3D format is the required input format by many 3D projectors. For this mode, the 2D video signal input to the converter must by 720p at either 50Hz or 60Hz frame rate, The output from the converter is at 720p video at a frame rate of 100hz or 120Hz.
4 HDMI Inputs/1 HDMI Output: The 3D-Bee Diamond 2D to 3D converter is fitted with 4 HDMI (v1.4) inputs and 1 HDMI (v1.4) output. The 4 HDMI inputs can be used to connect your 2D video sources (such as Blu-ray, cable/satellite TV, game console, and media streamer). The HDMI output is connected to your 3D Ready flat-panel TV or projector.
3D Preset Modes: The 3D-Bee Diamond features six 3D preset modes to best match your viewing content and preferences.
- Movie: The Movie preset positions everything behind the screen and has a depth setting of 3 out of 11. This setting is very easy on the eyes and can be watched comfortably for extended periods.
- Sports: The Sports preset uses the same depth setting as Movie, but offers more pop-out effect.
- Gaming: The Gaming preset puts everything behind the screen for easy viewing for extended periods and extends the depth to enhance environmental engagement.
- Movie+: The Movie+ preset offers some pop-out effect and enhanced depth.
- Sports+: The Sports+ preset is similar in the pop-out effect as the Movie+ mode, but with less depth. This gives more realistic proportions that are desirable for watching sports.
- Pop-Out: The Pop-Out preset puts much of the 3D rendering in front of the screen with mid level depth enhancement.
3D+: This advanced 3D mode lets you make adjustments for the screen position (the amount of the scene that is in front of the screen) and depth volume (the amount of depth enhancement). The minimum setting for the screen position displays images behind the screen, and maximum setting displays images popping out of the screen. The minimum depth volume setting has reduced depth and the maximum setting has the maximum depth enhancement.
Bypass Mode: In this mode, all input video is output without conversion. Select this mode if you want to watch the video content in 2D or if the video content is already in 3D.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the 2D to 3D converter (there are not controls on convertor box, except "Power" button).
AC Power Adapter: The 3D-Bee Diamond operates off of standard household current using the supplied AC power adapter.
- Input: 100-240V~50/60Hz, 0.3A (max)
- Output: 5V - 2000mA