Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Bluetooth connectivity for music and talk
Stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop or other device. If a call comes in on your phone while you're listening to tunes, you can hit the Answer button on the side of the speaker to talk hands-free using the 600's built-in microphone.
Your music, loud and clear
The 600 has two custom 1-9/16" high-performance full-range drivers that deliver clean, accurate sound, with a pair of passive bass radiators to reinforce the low tones. A line-level minijack output lets you daisy-chain two or more of the speakers together for even bigger sound.
Portability and power to spare
You can charge the Braven 600 from any USB power source — such as a computer or a standard USB power adapter. The built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 12 hours of continuous operation. The battery also serves as a power bank for your portable device. If your phone is running low, plug it into the USB port via the included charging cable.
- Bluetooth wireless operation
- range: 30 feet
- built-in noise-canceling microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- two 1-9/16" full-range drivers and dual passive bass radiators
- durable aircraft-gauge aluminum casing
- line-level output
- stereo minijack input for portable devices (mini-to-mini cable included)
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- recharges your portable device via included USB Type A to USB mini charging cable
- carrying pouch
- 6-1/4"W x 2-5/16"H x 1-3/4"D
- weight 1 lb.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Braven 600 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Bluetooth speaker
- AC-to-USB power adapter (5V/1000mA)
- 4 AC power plugs (US/UK/EU/AU)
- 41" USB-to-microUSB charging cable
- 26" Stereo minijack cable
- Carry bag
- Quick Start Guide
- Warning/Cautions note
Bluetooth Wireless Speaker: The Braven 600 Bluetooth speaker is Bluetooth version 3.0+EDR compliant and is ideal for your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, audio player, and other devices. The Braven 600 supports Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) and Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP 1.5/HSP 1.1). The 600 speaker can sync wirelessly with most Bluetooth enabled devices (but not all). The 600 is capable of remembering the last 8 devices paired with it and will automatically search for previous connections when the speaker is initially turned on. The speaker is also capable of being paired with two devices simultaneously, though audio can only be played from one device at a time.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Braven 600 Bluetooth speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your Apple iOS device, Android smartphones, Blackberry, computer/PC or other devices. The Braven 600 offers basic playback control (Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track) over your music. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view song/artist information.
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The 600 speaker features a built-in microphone and a answer/end button so you can answer phone calls from the speaker. When the 600 is synced via Bluetooth with your mobile phone and a call comes in, your music will be pause and the phone's ring tone will play over the 600 speaker. Simply press the answer/end button on the speaker to answer your call through the Braven 600. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter a phone number, and control other advanced phone functions.
Note: If Bluetooth connection is lost, the speaker will look to re-establish that connection again, but will not automatically look for the device again if the Bluetooth connection is turned off on the device until the speaker is turned off and then turned on again. If the device goes out of range and then comes back into Bluetooth range, the speaker will automatically reestablish the connection.
Class D Amp + Passive Radiator Speaker Design: The 600 Bluetooth speaker features dual front-firing 1.5625" full-range drivers powered by a 6W Class D digital amplifier for detailed sound. Two rear-firing 1.5625" passive radiators provide complementary midbass.
Auxiliary Input: For devices that do not support Bluetooth, the Braven 600 features an auxiliary input (3.5mm) and includes a stereo minijack audio cable that can be connected between the Braven speaker and your music player. The Braven speaker can be used with music players that have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Audio Output: The Braven 600's 3.5mm audio output lets you daisy chain multiple Braven speakers together for increased sound. The speaker's audio output also lets you use the 600 as a Bluetooth receiver, by connecting it to your other home audio system (sound will be heard from the Braven 600 and your home system).
Note: When daisy chaining to another speaker, adjustments made to volume level of "master" unit will also take place on the "slave" unit; however volume can also be independently adjusted on the "slave" speaker. For best performance, all speakers in the daisy chain should be placed at a minimum distance of 2' from each other
USB Charging Port: The Braven 600 is designed to efficiently charge mobile phones and other small portable devices that draw power from a 0.5A to 1A charge, via the speaker's USB (type-A) port. To charge your mobile device, simply plug the USB end of your phone's charging cable into the Braven speaker's USB port and plug your phone into the other end. Once both ends are connected, your phone will begin charging. The Braven 600 won't charge unless the speaker's battery has some charge and is in the "On" position. On a full charge, without music playing, your 600 can charge a typical smartphone to approximately 50-70% (depending on model/battery size). You can also continue to listen to your device's music through the Braven speaker, while its charging (as long as the Braven speaker has an adequate charge).
Note: The Braven 600 is not designed to charge a tablet or any other device requiring a higher powered (2A) USB connection. This USB charging port cannot be used for audio streaming.
Rechargeable Battery: The Braven 600 speaker has a built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery (3.7V/1400mAh) that provides up to 12 hours of playback time at moderate volume levels. You can easily recharge the battery using the included charging cable and a free USB (type-A) port on your computer, or the included AC power adapter. Charging time is approximately 2.5 to 3.5 hours. An LED indicates battery level and charging status. You can continue to play your music through the Braven speaker while it charges.
Note: The Braven 600 speaker should be charged for 3.5 hours before initial use.