Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Always ready for your close-up — even in the dark
ClearView's X-Super-BL700 indoor/outdoor security camera sports a versatile, "Vari-Focal" lens that you can manually zoom within a focal range of 2.8mm to 12mm, for views that range from wide-angle to tight and close. The built-in auto iris maintains a high level of clarity throughout the focal range, for crisp clear viewing and recording.
The 'BL700 has built-in infrared emitters that switch on automatically to provide black and white images in the dark, from up to 120 feet away. This camera is a recommended addition to the ClearView Hawk, Eagle, or LCD Combo systems.
Powered by IC Realtime®
ClearView surveillance systems are designed and built by IC Realtime, a company with a well-established name in business and government surveillance camera systems. Their products are engineered to work in demanding applications, offering a high degree of flexibility for installers and end-users. ClearView also offers their own highly qualified in-house technical support, if you ever have any questions about an installation.
- works with ClearView and other brands of analog surveillance camera systems
- 1/3" Sony Effio 960H ExView HAD II CCD low-noise image sensor
- 2.8-12mm zoom lens
- horizontal resolution: 650 TVL in color mode, 700 TVL in black and white (IR) mode
- on-screen zoom commands for control from remote location
- built-in infrared illumination for viewing subjects up to 120 feet away in complete darkness
- auto iris maintains crisp image focus while zooming
- for indoor use
- wall-mountable with included bracket
- 3-15/16"W x 3-1/2"H x 8-15/16"D
- installation requires paired BNC video/power cable (not included), 12V DC power supply (not included) and use with compatible DVR (not included)
- Consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
ClearView X-Super-BL700 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Bullet-type camera with attached mounting bracket
- Camera hood
- 2 Hood screws
- 5" Video jumper (BNC on one end and 2-pin plug on other end)
- 5mm Allen wrench
- 3 Self-tapping screws (length=1-5/8")
- 3 Wall anchors
- 3 Flat washers
- 2 Zoom/Focus adjustment plugs
- User's Manual
Overview: The ClearView X-Super-BL700 is a professional day/night bullet-style camera with a 2.8-12mm Varifocal lens. It can be used indoors or outdoors (but it is not weatherproof).
Image Sensor: The X-Super-BL700 has a 1/3" Sony EXview HAD II CCD image sensor with 976 (H) x 494 (V) effective pixels and 650 horizontal lines (color) and 700 lines (B&W). It operates on 12VDC or 24VAC and outputs a 75-ohm composite video signal (BNC connector).
Minimum Illumination: The X-Super-BL700 can give you a clear, bright picture in low light. The minimum illumination for color is 0.2 Lux @ F1.4. It has 45 IR LEDs surrounding the lens that gives the camera the ability to pick up intruders in total darkness (0 Lux).
Zoom/Focus Control: The camera has manual zoom and focus controls on the front panel beside the lens. With a small screwdriver you can manually adjust the zoom (wide=clockwise, telephoto=counterclockwise) and the focus (near=clockwise, far=counterclockwise). The openings can be covered with the supplied rubber plugs.
Privacy Masking: If there are areas in the camera's view that you do not wish to show, you can use privacy masking to obscure those areas. Up to 4 zones can be selected for privacy masking.
On-screen Display: The BL700 has an on-screen display in 7 languages including English, Spanish, and French. The OSD controller is built-in (concealed by a screw-on cover), and lets you configure the camera settings, including:
- Motion Detection: On/Off
- Privacy Masking: On/Off
- Day/Night: Auto, B&W, Off
- Shutter/AGC: Manual, Auto
- White Balance: ATW, Push, User 1/2, Anti-CR, Manual, Push Lock
- Picture Adjust: Mirror, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, Hue, Gain
Installation: The heavy duty wall mounting bracket installs with three supplied self-tapping screws. The camera can rotate 360° and tilt approximately 75° so you can aim it as desired. Once properly aimed, you can lock the position down with the supplied 5mm Allen wrench.
Connections: The BL700 has only two connections--a BNC composite video connection and a power connection. The power connection consists of a 2-pin plug with c-clamp screw terminals. The camera can operate on 12VDC or 24VAC. The power supply should have a two-wire output that can be wired into the supplied plug.