Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
This dome camera works with ClearView Hawk, Eagle, and LCD Combo surveillance systems. Dome cameras are typically used for overhead placement and deliver a wide field of view. The TD-88 features a manually adjustable zoom lens that gives you flexibility in placing your camera to achieve the coverage you need in your monitored zone. This low-light capable camera has built-in IR (infrared) emitters that allow it to record at a maximum range of 100 feet in total darkness. Its durable housing is not only weatherproof, but also vandal-proof for additional security.
Powered by IC Realtime®
ClearView surveillance systems are designed and built by IC Realtime, a company with a well-established name in business and government surveillance camera systems. Their products are engineered to work in demanding applications, offering a high degree of flexibility for installers and end-users. ClearView also offers their own highly qualified in-house technical support, if you ever have any questions about an installation.
- weatherproof, vandal-proof outdoor camera works with ClearView and other brands of analog surveillance camera systems
- 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD sensor
- 2.8-12mm adjustable zoom lens ("Vari-Focal" design)
- manual zoom and focus controls
- horizontal resolution: 600 TVL in color mode
- built-in infrared illumination for viewing subjects up to 100 feet away in complete darkness
- dustproof, waterproof design (IP66 rated) for indoor or outdoor use
- mounts on ceiling or wall
- 4-3/4" (diameter) x 3-9/16"H
- installation requires paired BNC video/power cable (not included), 12V DC power supply (not included) and use with compatible DVR (not included)
- Consult local authorities regarding video surveillance before installing security cameras in public areas.
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
ClearView TD-88 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Dome surveillance camera with attached 30" power and signal cables
- 4 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 4 Plastic wall anchors
- 1.5mm Allen wrench
- User's Manual
Overview: The ClearView TD-88 is a day/night zoom dome camera designed for indoor or outdoor use in a closed circuit system, such as the ClearView Hawk, Eagle, or LCD Combo systems. This high-resolution camera (600 lines) features a 1/3" Sony Super HAD CCD imaging device. The camera is equipped with an 2.8mm-12mm Varifocal lens. It operates on 12VDC, and has a 75-ohm composite video output with a BNC connector.
Minimum Illumination: The TD-88 can give you a clear, bright picture in extremely low light. The minimum illumination is 0.1 Lux (IR off) and 0 Lux (IR on).
Infrared: The camera has two rows if infrared LEDs encircling the lens to give the camera a range of 100 feet in total darkness (0 Lux).
Focus/Zoom Controls: The TD-88 has screw adjustments for focus and zoom on the exterior cover. A small flathead screwdriver is required to make the adjustments.
Weatherproof: The TD-88's tough metal exterior makes it fully weatherproof (IP66), making it ideal for installation in extreme outdoor conditions.
Installation: The TD-88 is designed to be mounted on a ceiling or wall. The camera has a 3-piece mounting system which lets you manually position the camera to your liking. A hidden set screw locks down the camera and makes it tamperproof. The base attaches to the ceiling or wall with the 4 supplied self-tapping screws. The cables can be routed through the ceiling/wall by drilling an additional hole, or routed to the side through one of the provided slots in the base.