Yamaha makes it sound good
Yamaha has been building musical instruments for well over a hundred years, so they know a thing or two about acoustics. They used that knowledge and skill to design and build the DXR10 active loudspeaker. Each DXR10 speaker is a self-contained PA system, including high- and low-frequency drivers, amplifiers, digital signal processing, dynamic limiting, and a 3-channel mixer all mounted in a rugged, non-resonant, and lightweight ABS enclosure.
Loud and versatile
Each sturdy DXR10 cabinet houses a 10" woofer, a 1.4" compression driver, and 1,100 watts of amplification. This compact and efficient speaker from Yamaha can produce astounding sound pressure levels — up to 131 dB. You can put a single DXR10 in a classroom, restaurant, or small auditorium, for instance, plug in a microphone, and talk through a compact and very portable public address system so everyone can hear you clearly throughout the room. You can even play music directly from an instrument and your portable music player through this speaker. As part of a larger PA, a pair of DXR10s can deliver your performance with incredible power and clarity, at levels that everyone can feel as well as hear.
You can use your DXR10 on stage as a floor monitor or on a stand as a main PA speaker, and mounting options are available for permanent installations. The "D-CONTOUR" selector enhances the bass and treble for permanently mounted or pole-mounted speakers, or reduces bass for stage monitors, where the floor would normally boost it. High-pass filters let you trim the low bass out of the DXR10 to maximize its performance when matched up with a Yamaha DXS12 or DXS15 subwoofer.
Yamaha engineered the two drivers, the two built-in amplifiers, and the enclosure to all work perfectly together, while extensive protection circuitry ensures the speaker long-term reliability. Microprocessors separately monitor the power supply, the amps, and the two drivers for any overheating or overloading conditions and either limit the amps' outputs or shut them down for the safety of the whole speaker.
See more info on this item
You can set up the DXR10 as a stage monitor.
2-way powered PA speaker
- 10" cone woofer, 1" throat compression driver with 1.4" diaphragm
- maximum SPL: 131 dB
- maximum output power: 1,100 watts
- nominal coverage: 90-degrees horizontal, 60-degrees vertical
- frequency response: 56-20,000 Hz
- non-resonant ABS enclosure with steel grille and aluminum handles
- 3-channel mixer with level controls (-inf to +10 dB)
- ch 1: mono XLR mic/line balanced input with XLR output for connecting another speaker system
- ch 2: stereo pair 1/4" TS phone line unbalanced inputs
- ch 3: stereo pair RCA phono line unbalanced inputs
- Link Out line output sends mix for another speaker
- Stereo Link mode sends right input channels to Link Out for left-right stereo PA operation
- 48-bit DSP (digital signal processor)
- 24-bit AD/DA converters
- switchable high-pass filter (off, 100, 120 Hz)
- D-CONTOUR EQ/compressor optimizes sound for use (off, front of house/main, floor monitor)
- FIR-X crossover includes EQ and time delay optimized for the high- and low-frequency drivers
- dynamic limiters set to protect the sound and the hardware
- protection circuitry mutes output when an overload or fault is detected
- two Class D amplifiers
- low frequency amplifier: 950 watts (600 watts RMS)
- high frequency amplifier: 150 watts (100 watts RMS)
- 1-3/8" socket for optional speaker stand with dual-angle feature (0-degrees horizontal or 7-degrees downward)
- rigging points for hanging or mounting with optional mounting hardware
- can be set as a stage monitor angled up 50-degrees
- weight: 32.2 lbs
- dimensions: 12"W x 19-3/4"H x 12-1/4"D
- warranty: 7 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee