Overview: The TASCAM CD-200 is a rack-mountable professional CD
player. The player comes with a
wireless remote control, and with rack-mount ears installed. There are multiple
outputs to choose from, including analog RCA connections, as
well as optical and coaxial digital outs. The unit also has a 1/4" headphone
output with a level control.
Compatible Media: The CD-200 is equipped with a high quality
CD-5020A tray-loading CD disc drive. The unit is compatible CD, CD-R, and CD-RW
discs (12cm and 8cm) with the following media
- CD-DA: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo
- MP3: 32 / 44.1 / 48kHz, 32-320 kbps, VBR
- WAV: 8 / 16 / 32 / 11.025 / 22.05 / 44.1 / 12 / 24 / 48 kHz,
8 or 16-bit
Pitch Control: While playing back CDs, the CD-200 can vary
the pitch by rotating the pitch control knob on the front panel. You can vary
the pitch by approximately + or - 12.5%. Only the analog outputs are used when
pitch control is switched on.
Playback Functions: The CD-200 offers several playback
- Playback Modes: continuous, shuffle, and program
- Intro Check: plays the first 10 seconds of each track,
one after another
- Repeat: You can select disc or track repeat on CD-DA
discs. On data CDs, you can select Folder
Display: The front panel has a bright blue and white
display. The unit will display CD Text and ID3 tag information, as well
as various time displays. You can change the time display on CD-DA tracks to
track elapsed, track remain, and total remain. Data CDs display total elapsed time only.
Shock Protection: To protect against skipping, the CD drive
has a 10-second memory buffer.
Rack Mountable: The CD-200 comes out of the box with rack ears
installed. The unit will fit into a 2U rack-mount space, however it is
recommended to leave 1U of space above and 4" behind the unit for proper
ventilation. If needed, the player's 4 rubber feet can be removed when
rack-mounting. Four rack-mounting screws with rubber washers are included.
Wireless Remote Control: The CD-200 includes the RC-CD200 remote
control. The remote is powered by two "AA" batteries (included). The remote's
operating range is approximately 7 meters (23') at an angle of 15°
left or right.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-1.5dB)
- THD: Less than 0.01%
- S/N Ratio: 90dB or greater
- Dynamic Range: 90dB or greater
- Channel Separation: 90dB or greater
Output Ratings: The CD-200 includes both analog and digital outputs:
- Analog Output: RCA pin jack
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Reference Output Level: -10dBV (0.32 Vrms)
- Maximum Output Level: +6dBV (2.0 Vrms)
- Headphone Output:
- Connector: 1/4" (6.3mm) stereo phone jack
- Maximum Output Level: 20mW + 20mW (THD+N: 0.1%, 32Ω)
- Digital Outputs (S/PDIF):
- Coaxial: RCA pin jack connector
- Optical: Optical jack (TosLink)
Dimensions: The CD-200 has the following dimensions:
* Overall width includes rack-mount ears; overall height includes feet;
overall depth include an allowance of 2.75" for cables.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to
find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research
team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record
dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies
to help people make informed choices.