Overview: The TASCAM CD-200BT is a rack-mountable professional CD
player with built-in Bluetooth 3.0 technology, allowing you to wirelessly
control and play audio from a computer or portable device that supports
Bluetooth streaming. In addition, a front panel 3.5mm minijack Aux Input is
provided for connecting a device that does not have Bluetooth. The player comes with a
wireless remote control, and with rack-mount ears installed. There are multiple
outputs to choose from, including analog RCA connections, as
well as optical and coaxial digital outs. The unit also has a 1/4" headphone
output with a level control.
Compatible Media: The CD-200BT is equipped with a high quality
CD-5020A tray-loading CD disc drive. The unit is compatible CD, CD-R, and CD-RW
discs (12cm and 8cm) with the following media
- CD-DA: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo
- MP2: 32 / 44.1 / 48kHz, 32-384 kbps
- MP3: 32 / 44.1 / 48kHz, 32-320 kbps, VBR
- WAV: 8 / 16 / 32 / 11.025 / 22.05 / 44.1 / 12 / 24 / 48 kHz,
Pitch Control: While playing back CDs, the CD-200BT can vary
the pitch by operating the pitch control buttons on the front panel or the
remote control. Each press of the Plus or Minus button will raise or lower the
pitch in a range of 14% in 0.5% increments. Pitch control works best with CD-DA
discs, but it may cause MP3 or WAV files to skip.
Playback Functions: The CD-200BT offers several playback
- Direct Play: Using the number buttons on the front
panel or remote, you can directly select tracks (CD-DA) or folders
- Playback Modes: continuous, single, random, and program
- Intro Check: plays the first 10 seconds of each track,
one after another
- Repeat: You can select disc or track repeat on CD-DA
discs. On data CDs, you can select Folder
Repeat and Program Repeat.
Display: The front panel has a bright blue and white
display. The unit will display CD Text and ID3 tag information, as well
as various time displays. You can change the time display on CD-DA tracks to
track elapsed, track remain, and total remain. Data CDs display track elapsed time only.
During Bluetooth playback, the codec information is shown in the display.
Shock Protection: To protect against skipping, the CD drive
has a 10-second memory buffer.
Bluetooth: The CD-200BT's built-in Bluetooth receiver allows
audio playback from a variety of Bluetooth-compatible devices, such as laptops,
smartphones, and tablets. Files that can be played back by iTunes, Windows Media
Player, various smartphone player apps, and other music applications can be
played through this unit. The player supports the A2DP profile, plus SBC, AAC,
and aptX codecs for high quality wireless audio playback. In addition, the unit
supports AVRCP, which allows you to control basic playback functions of the
transmitting device from the CD player's front panel or remote control.
Bluetooth has a transmitting range of approximately 33 feet (10 meters).
Auxiliary Input: A 3.5mm stereo mini jack is provided on the
front panel for connecting a portable playback device that doesn't have
Bluetooth. The input level and playback functions of the connected device must
be controlled on the device itself. The CD-200BT has no level or playback
control over the portable device.
Rack Mountable: The CD-200BT comes out of the box with rack ears
installed. The unit will fit into a 2U rack-mount space, however it is
recommended to leave 1U of space above and 4" behind the unit for proper
ventilation. If needed, the player's 4 rubber feet can be removed when
rack-mounting. Four rack-mounting screws with rubber washers are included.
Wireless Remote Control: The CD-200BT includes the RC-CD200BT remote
control. The remote is powered by two "AA" batteries (included). The remote's
operating range is approximately 7 meters (23') at an angle of 15°
left or right.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-1.0dB)
- THD: Less than 0.01%
- S/N Ratio: 90dB or greater
- Dynamic Range: 90dB or greater
- Channel Separation: 90dB or greater
Auxiliary Input Ratings: 3.5mm stereo minijack
- Output Impedance: 22kΩ
- Reference Input Level: -20dBV
- Maximum Input Level: -4dBV
Output Ratings: The CD-200BT includes both analog and digital outputs:
- Analog Output: RCA pin jack
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Reference Output Level: -10dBV (0.32 Vrms)
- Maximum Output Level: +6dBV (2.0 Vrms)
- Headphone Output:
- Connector: 1/4" (6.3mm) stereo phone jack
- Maximum Output Level: 20mW + 20mW (THD+N: 0.1%, 32Ω)
- Digital Outputs (S/PDIF):
- Coaxial: RCA pin jack connector
- Optical: Optical jack (TosLink)
Dimensions: The CD-200BT has the following dimensions:
* Overall width includes rack-mount ears; overall height includes feet;
overall depth include an allowance of 2.75" for cables.