The Zoom Q4 combines high-definition video and audio in one camera.
Sound as good as you look
For everyday applications, built-in condenser microphones — the type most commonly found in camcorders — will get the job done. When you're recording a musical performance, however, you're likely to want better sound options. The Zoom Q4 is designed to give you plenty of creative tools, so you can shoot concert footage with high-definition video and audio. If you don't need to see yourself during the show, the 2" video screen can be detached to extend battery life. The retractable X/Y stereo pair records professional-quality sound to an optional SDXC memory card, so you and your bandmates can sound as good as you look when you record a live gig.
A gain switch on the right side of the Q4 allows you to choose Auto — where the camera takes control — or Manual gain mode. In Manual mode, you can choose whether you need low-, medium- or high-gain boost based on what you can hear in the room. Getting a little low-end rumble? The low-cut switch is your first line of defense, and the included windscreen can be called into action to limit noise when needed.
Lights, camera, action!
A lot of variables can pop up during a live recording. If you're not an experienced videographer, you may not know how to compensate for the lighting conditions at your show. The Q4 provides three lighting modes: "Concert" for situations with bright stage lights, "Night" for dark clubs and other low-light setups, or "Auto" for those times when you aren't quite sure what might come up.
There's a built-in speaker and a headphone output with adjustable volume control for live monitoring. Transfer video to your computer or large screen TV via mini USB, HDMI or directly from the memory card, so you can edit, upload or just watch and enjoy after the show is over.
- built-in stereo X/Y microphone
- removable 2" full-color tilting LCD screen
- records directly to optional SDXC cards
- f/2.8 wide-angle lens lets you select viewing angles
- included hairy windscreen helps reduce low-frequency noise
- supports WVGA and HD video formats up to 1920 x 1080 pixels, with frame rates up to 60 fps
- three imaging preset options (Auto/Concert/Night) for use in all lighting environments
- compatible with Skype® and other live-streaming applications
- supports AAC and WAV audio formats up to 24-bit/96k
- three-position mic gain switch with Auto-Gain control (Concert/Meeting/Solo) and Peak LED
- low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- 1/8" mic/line-level input for connection to external microphones, portable recorders and personal music players
- 1/8" line-level/headphone output with dedicated volume control
- mini-HDMI output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- mini-USB for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software (cable included)
- Recorder (microphone closed): 1-1/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 4-1/8"D
- LCD screen (detached): 1-5/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 3-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee