Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
JBL EON 315
15" 2-way powered PA speaker
Item #: 855EON315
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $299.99 each
Our take on the JBL EON 315 by Crutchfield's Buck Pomerantz
Lightweight and durable
JBL, one of the leaders in live sound reproduction, brings you their EON 315 powered loudspeaker so you can better present your music to your audience. This speaker's rugged and lightweight molded enclosure is made of a non-resonant composite polymer that'll survive most on-the-road mishaps. It protects the speaker system so it will successfully play the gig every time — and sound great doing it. It also really helps that, at the end of a long, tiring night, this powered PA speaker weighs only 35 pounds and fits easily in most backseats or trunks.
Each EON 315 is a one-piece 560-watt PA system, featuring a 15" woofer, a 1" high-frequency compression driver, built-in Class D power, and a 3-channel mixer. A line input lets you play music from most sources while a microphone input allows you set up an EON 315 as a PA speaker for a conference or for a performance in a small auditorium.
Gain control and a couple of EQ settings let you adjust the sound to blend perfectly. Other onboard electronics include a 2-way crossover, two Class D power amplifiers, and a dynamic limiter all matched and designed to work together to play your music flawlessly and keep the components safe from overload and damage.
Loud enough for venues small and large
The efficient EON 315 can turn its 560 watts of power into 127 dB of sound pressure — capable of filling a classroom or small restaurant or bar with enough volume so everyone can clearly hear. A pair of EON 315s working together in a larger PA system can play loud rock 'n roll in those small venues, or amplify softer programming in larger rooms and auditoriums.
You'll dramatically increase your music's impact and volume when you combine a couple of EON 315s with a matching EON 518S powered subwoofer or two. Each added sub takes over all the heavy work associated with reproducing bass, so the EON 315 can play the rest of the sound that much louder.
What's in the Box:
- Powered PA speaker
- 10' AC power cord
- User's Guide
2-way Powered PA Speaker
- JBL M115-2 15" woofer
- JBL 2414H 1" throat high-frequency compression driver with 1" annular polymer diaphragm
- maximum output level: 127 dB SPL
- output power: 280 watts continuous, 560 watts peak
- nominal coverage: 100-degrees horizontal, 60-degrees vertical
- frequency response: 50-18,000 Hz
- composite polypropylene bass-reflex enclosure with steel grille and rubber handle-grips
- XLR/1/4" TRS phone balanced input (with mic/line switch)
- input level control
- XLR output for connecting another speaker system
- 3-position EQ control
- EQ - Flat: no equalization applied
- EQ - Boost: +3 dB shelving at 150 Hz and +2.5 dB shelving at 4,000 Hz
- EQ - Cut: -6 dB shelving at 120 Hz
- crossover frequency: 1,800 Hz
- two Class D amplifiers
- low frequency amplifier: 220 watts continuous, 440 watts peak
- high frequency amplifier: 60 watts continuous, 120 watts peak
- built-in limiter with indicator light
- 1-7/16" (36 mm) socket with stabilizing set screw for optional speaker stand
- rigging points for hanging or mounting with optional mounting hardware
- can be set as a stage monitor angled upward
- optional protective cover available
- weight: 35 lbs
- dimensions: 17-5/16"W x 27"H x 14-7/16"D
- warranty: speakers: 5 years; amps: 3 years; enclosure and all other: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
JBL EON 315 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Powered PA speaker
- 10' AC power cord
- User's Guide
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||50-18k|
|RMS Power rating||280|
|Program Power rating||0|
|Peak Power rating||560|
|Mic Inputs||XLR, 1/4"|
|Line Inputs||XLR, 1/4"|
|Tone Controls||Preset EQ|
Powered PA Speaker: The EON315 is a two-way, powered, portable speaker. The EON315 is comprised of a 15" JBL woofer with 2.5" ribbon voice coil and a 1" throat neodymium high-frequency compression driver coupled to a 100° (h) by 60° (v) waveguide. Both speaker components are driven by the discrete channels of a 280 watt Class-D integrated power amplifier.
Rugged Bass Reflex Enclosure: The JBL EON315 features a highly designed composite enclosure for durability, lightweight, and acoustic performance. A bass reflex port provides greater efficiency and bigger bass output. A full screen-backed steel grille offers additional protection for both the woofer and compression driver components.
Inputs/Outputs: A combo-connector offers XLR and 1/4" TRS phone jack compatibility. Selectable input sensitivities allow a broad range of devices to be properly matched, from the output of a mixer to an MP3 player or a dynamic microphone. A balanced XLR loop through output connector enables the simple "daisy-chaining" of additional EON powered speaker if more coverage and level is required.
EQ Settings: Pre-engineered selectable system EQ is provided to assist in optimizing the system to your source material and acoustic environment. 3 EQ presets are provided.
- Flat: The "Flat" setting is ideal for live music. This is a neutral setting with no extra EQ applied and should be utilized in most typical PA applications. The frequency response is flat, linear, and unaltered. In this setting more level will be achievable at the maximum performance limits of the speaker.
- Boost: The "Boost" setting is used for reproducing low level pre-recorded music, delivering extra low and high frequency energy. When the control is switched to the Boost setting, low frequency and high frequency equalization is applied; +3dB shelving filter at 150Hz and +2.5dB shelving filter at 4kHz. With the Boost applied, love level music playback will sound much fuller with increased high frequency clarity.
- Cut: In the "Cut" position, maximum level can be achieved for speech reproduction by reducing need to reinforce the lower frequencies. This is also a typical setting when using the system as a floor monitor, reducing low frequency build-up which occurs naturally when placed on a floor. Low frequencies (120Hz) are cut (-6dB) from the systems response. This position should be selected when the speaker is used with a subwoofer, for speech reproduction, or as a floor monitor.
Integrated Carry Handles: Three full size handles provide the carrying flexibility required of a highly portable speaker system, whether sliding it onto the back seat of a car or lifting it up to place on a stand.
LED Indicators: The EON315 features two LEDs to indicate the speaker's status.
- Signal: The Signal LED (Green) illuminates to indicate a usable audio signal is present at the speaker's connected input.
- Limit: The Limit LED (Red) illuminates to indicate that the system is approaching clipping. The threshold for this is actually about 2dB below clipping. An occasional flickering of this on the loudest peaks is acceptable. If this LED is on for more that the duration of brief dynamic peaks, the speaker is being over-driven.
Applications: The JBL EON315 PA speaker is great for live sound reinforcement, speech and vocals, music playback in entertainment, A/V, and institutional venues; especially when ease of use and portability are important factors. Plus the EON315 can be used for amplification, mixing, and monitoring of musical instruments.
Mounting Options: The universal mounting capabilities make the EON315 perfect for live performers, fixed installations, or commercial A/V rental companies. Whether you use the speaker on a tripod stand (36mm socket), mounted on a subwoofer with a pole, in the floor monitor position, or in a fixed position suspended by the M10 points, you can count on superior and reliable performance.
Placement Recommendations: The following guidelines will help you achieve optimum sound wherever you use your EON loudspeakers.
- Raise Speakers: For best results try to get the high frequency horn at least 2-4' above the heads of the audience. If the speakers are too low, the people in the back of the audience will not receive the best quality sound.
- Place Speakers Between the Mics & Audience: Feedback occurs
when the microphones pick up sound from the speakers and "feed" the sound
the sound system. If space is limited, point the speakers away from the microphones to reduce feedback.
- Locate Speakers Away From Turntables: Low-frequency
feedback occurs when the output of the speaker is picked up by the tone arm
of the turntable
and is re-amplified. A heavy, solid turntable base and shock mounting can also reduce this type of feedback in DJ applications.
- Use More Speakers in Large or Highly Reverberant Spaces: Spreading speakers throughout these spaces will produce much better sound than trying to compensate with loudness level or equalization. For very long distances, the use of another set of speakers with time delay is recommended.
- Stand Speakers Upright for PA/Tilt the Speakers Stage Monitoring: Upright stance provides even coverage over a wide area. EON speakers are also designed with two slanted positions for stage monitoring applications.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.