Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Lightweight and durable
JBL, one of the leaders in live sound reproduction, brings you their EON 515XT powered loudspeaker so you can better present your music to your audience. This speaker's rugged and lightweight molded enclosure is made of a non-resonant composite polymer that'll survive most on-the-road mishaps. It protects the speaker system so it will successfully play the gig every time — and sound great doing it. It also really helps that, at the end of a long, tiring night, this powered PA speaker weighs less than 33 pounds and fits easily in most backseats or trunks.
Built-in 3-channel mixer
Each EON 515XT is a one-piece 625-watt PA system, featuring a 15" woofer, a 1" high-frequency compression driver, and a 3-channel mixer. Two line input channels accommodate balanced or unbalanced signals so you can play music from almost any source. A microphone input lets you set up an EON 515XT as a PA speaker for a conference or for a performance in a small auditorium.
Individual channel gain and overall treble and bass controls let you adjust the mix to blend perfectly. Other onboard electronics include a 2-way crossover, two Crown® power amplifiers, and a dynamic limiter all matched and designed to work together to play your music flawlessly and keep the components safe from overload and damage.
Loud enough for venues small and large
The efficient EON 515XT can turn its 625 watts of power into 132 dB of sound pressure — capable of filling a classsroom or small restaurant or bar with enough volume so everyone can clearly hear. A pair of EON 515XTs working together can play loud rock 'n roll in those small venues, or amplify softer programming in larger rooms and auditoriums.
You'll dramatically increase your music's impact and volume when you combine a couple of EON 515XTs with a matching EON 518S powered subwoofer or two. Each added sub takes over the heavy work associated with reproducing bass, so the EON 515XT can play the rest of the sound that much louder.
2-way Powered PA Speaker
- JBL 265F-1 Differential Drive® 15" woofer with dual 2" voice coils
- JBL 2414H 1" throat high-frequency compression driver with 1" annular polymer diaphragm
- maximum SPL: 132 dB
- maximum output power: 625 watts
- nominal coverage: 100-degrees horizontal, 60-degrees vertical
- frequency response: 42-18,000 Hz
- composite polypropylene bass-reflex enclosure with steel grille and rubber handle-grips
- 3-channel mixer with individual level controls
- channels 1 and 2: 1/4" TRS phone balanced/unbalanced line inputs
- channel 3: XLR/1/4" TRS phone balanced input (with mic/line switch)
- XLR output for connecting another speaker system (ch 3 or mix)
- variable bass control (+/-6 dB at 200 Hz)
- variable treble control (+/-6 dB at 4,000 Hz)
- crossover frequency: 1,700 Hz
- two Crown® Class D amplifiers
- low frequency amplifier: 525 watts
- high frequency amplifier: 100 watts
- built-in limiter with indicator light
- 1-7/16" (36 mm) socket with stabilizing set screw for optional speaker stand
- rigging points for hanging or mounting with optional mounting hardware
- can be set as a stage monitor angled upward
- weight: 32.5 lbs
- dimensions: 17-5/16"W x 27"H x 14-7/16"D
- warranty: speakers: 5 years; amps: 3 years; enclosure and all other: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
How loud do powered PA speakers play?
If you're considering powered speakers, you might be tempted to compare wattage ratings, but those won't be very helpful to you: these self-contained systems are engineered to precisely match their built-in amps with their speakers in order to get the most output possible. We suggest you pay more attention to the listed sound pressure level (SPL) ratings than the listed wattage ratings. These boxes are all designed to play loud and clear in appropriately matched room sizes. Generally, powered PA speakers work best in small to medium venues, like nightclubs, coffeehouses, and small auditoriums. If you're performing in larger venues, you'll probably need separate power amps and speakers.
JBL EON 515XT Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
EXCELENTE CALIDAD...SUPERO MIS EXPECTATIVAS...
"Excellent Quality ... It exceeded my expectations"
Pros: PARA TRABAJOS MEDIANOS...RESPONDE EN BUENA CALIDAD EN UN BUEN NIVEL DE DECIBEL SIN DISTORSIONAR.... "Medium duty ... it responds in good quality at a high decibel level without distortion"
What's in the box?
- Powered PA speaker
- 10' AC power cord
- User's Guide
Features and Specs
|Drivers per speaker||2|
|Woofer Size (inches)||15|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|System Frequency response||42-18k|
|RMS Power rating||625|
|Program Power rating||0|
|Peak Power rating||0|
|Mic Inputs||XLR, TRS|
|Line Inputs||XLR, TRS|
Powered PA Speaker: The EON515XT is a two-way, powered, portable speaker. The EON515XT is comprised of a 15" Differential Drive woofer and a 1" throat neodymium high-frequency compression driver coupled to a 100° (h) by 60° (v) waveguide. Both speaker components are driven by the discrete channels of a 625 watt Class-D integrated power amplifier (525 + 100).
Rugged Bass Reflex Enclosure: The JBL EON515XT features a highly designed composite enclosure for durability, lightweight, and acoustic performance. A bass reflex port provides greater efficiency and bigger bass output. A full screen-backed steel grille offers additional protection for both the woofer and compression driver components.
Inputs/Output: The JBL EON515XT PA speaker offers three input jacks and one output loop.
- Input 1 & 2: These two TRS 1/4" phone jacks are intended for use with audio devices including cassette tape, CD, MP3 players, computer sound-card outputs, electronic keyboards, and electric/acoustic musical instruments. Inputs 1 & 2 are balance, but will also accept unbalanced inputs.
- Input 3: This balanced combo input accepts a standard XLR 3-pin or TRS 1/4" plug. The sensitivity of this input can be switched to Mic or Line. A broad range of signals (-44dBu to +20dBu nominal) from microphones, audio mixing consoles, and electronic music instrument may be connected.
- Output: A balanced XLR loop through output connector enables the simple "daisy-chaining" of additional EON powered speaker if more coverage and level is required.
Integrated Carry Handles: Built-in ergonomic, rubber handles provide the carrying flexibility required of a highly portable speaker system, whether sliding it onto the back seat of a car or lifting it up to place on a stand.
Bass & Treble Control: The JBL EON515XT feature Bass (200Hz, +/-6dB) and Treble (4kHz, +/-6dB) controls.
LED Indicators: The EON515XT features two LEDs to indicate the speaker's status.
- Signal: The Signal LED (Green) illuminates to indicate a usable audio signal is present at the speaker's connected input.
- Limit: The Limit LED (Red) illuminates to indicate that the system is approaching clipping. The threshold for this is actually about 2dB below clipping. An occasional flickering of this on the loudest peaks is acceptable. If this LED is on for more that the duration of brief dynamic peaks, the speaker is being over-driven.
Applications: The JBL EON515XT PA speaker is great for live sound reinforcement, speech and vocals, music playback in entertainment, A/V, and institutional venues; especially when ease of use and portability are important factors. Plus the EON515XT can be used for amplification, mixing, and monitoring of musical instruments.
Mounting Options: The universal mounting capabilities make the EON515XT perfect for live performers, fixed installations, or commercial A/V rental companies. Whether you use the speaker on a tripod stand (36mm socket), mounted on a subwoofer with a pole, in the floor monitor position, or in a fixed position suspended by the M10 points, you can count on superior and reliable performance.
Placement Recommendations: The following guidelines will help you achieve optimum sound wherever you use your EON loudspeakers.
- Raise Speakers: For best results try to get the high frequency horn at least 2-4' above the heads of the audience. If the speakers are too low, the people in the back of the audience will not receive the best quality sound.
- Place Speakers Between the Mics & Audience: Feedback
occurs when the microphones pick up sound from the speakers and "feed" the
sound back through
the sound system. If space is limited, point the speakers away from the microphones to reduce feedback.
- Locate Speakers Away From Turntables: Low-frequency
feedback occurs when the output of the speaker is picked up by the tone arm
of the turntable
and is re-amplified. A heavy, solid turntable base and shock mounting can also reduce this type of feedback in DJ applications.
- Use More Speakers in Large or Highly Reverberant Spaces: Spreading speakers throughout these spaces will produce much better sound than trying to compensate with loudness level or equalization. For very long distances, the use of another set of speakers with time delay is recommended.
- Stand Speakers Upright for PA/Tilt the Speakers Stage Monitoring: Upright stance provides even coverage over a wide area. EON speakers are also designed with two slanted positions for stage monitoring applications.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.