Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: The Mackie DL series mixer uses Onyx mic preamps to amplify
the signal and high-end AD converters to convert the signal to digital. The
mixer's powerful DSP chip processes and mixes this through the low latency mix
engine. You'll use your Apple iOS device to control the mixer through two mobile
apps - Master Fader (for iPad) and My Fader (for iPod touch/iPhone).
Onyx Mic Preamps: The Mackie DL1608 mixer features 16 studio-quality
Onyx mic preamps that deliver depth, headroom and immense detail to your live
mix. Plus, with a choice of XLR or combo mic/line input, connecting mics and
instruments is quick and easy. Includes global phantom power for condenser mics.
Each and every input channel features a choice of powerful plug-ins to dial in
the perfect sound for whatever you've got plugged in. You can even link
adjoining channels for fast control of stereo sources.
- Modern: Highly-flexible, clean modern processing perfect for any
- 4-band EQ includes low shelving, low-mid peaking, high-mid peaking
- Compressor with all the control needed to reduce or limit transients
- Gate perfect for reducing leakage from open mics
- Vintage: Delivers the sought-after musical characteristics of
your favorite industry-standard processors.
- Vintage EQ with interacting bands and frequency-dependent Q
structure for added clarity and sheen
- Vintage compressor with non-linear attack/release great for drums
- Vintage gate with lightning-fast attack for transient sources
24-Bit Cirrius Logic AD/DA Converters: The DL1608 mixer feature
high-end 24-bit Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters, offering a remarkable 114dB
dynamic range. Makie aligns its Onyx preamps precisely with the converters to
provide you with the most headroom and the lowest noise and distortion possible;
resulting in brilliant sound quality from a vocal whisper to a wailing guitar
Outputs: There are plenty of 1/4" aux outputs available, each perfect
for driving a monitor wedge. There's a pair of main outputs for your system and
a dedicated headphone output for listening to soloed tracks or getting a
close-up view of your mix. Each output on a DL Series mixer has its own
processing perfect for dialing in an tuning the connected speaker or other
device. Easily link aux sends into a combined stereo output, perfect for IEMs.
Plus, you can delay the outputs for fill speakers, etc.
- 4-Band EQ: 4-band parametric EQ complete with dedicated HPF and
- 31-Band EQ: 31-band GEQ includes the ability to draw in the curve
and a 2x zoom control for ultra-precise control.
- Compressor/Limiter: Compressor/limiter great for enhancing low
end and protecting your speakers.
- Delay: Up to 350ms alignment delay with variable temperature
Global Effects: DL Series mixers each feature a global reverb and
delay that can be easily applied to any channel. A wide variety of reverbs and
delays are available each with a high-level of control.
- Reverbs: Nine separate reverbs are available, each with pre
delay, damping, decay and roll-off controls.
- Delays: Choose from mono, tape echo, stereo, ping-pong or
multi-tap delay each with tap tempo, feedback and damping control.
Snapshot Recall: The DL1608 allows you to recall mix functions with
just the touch of a finger. Easily save and access sound check settings for
multiple bands, complex song mixes, and more. Save channel icons including pics
of band members. You can even preset the board and be ready to go the moment
you arrive at your gig.
Mute Groups: There's four individual mute groups available from the
quick access panel. Assign specific input and output channels to these mute
groups for customizable control of channel muting. It's great for muting
all inputs during song breaks or for larger productions with rotating musicians,
broadcast, House of Worship, or theatre production applications.
Mobile Apps (for Apple iOS) Choose between two powerful apps (Free)
for your DL Series mixer, both delivering an unparalleled level of control over
your mix. Each feature a straight-forward, easy-to-use UI designed specifically
for the application and device. Plus, frequent and simple App Store updates add
true features and functionality. Controlling a full-featured digital mixer has
never been more intuitive.
- Master Fader: Built exclusively for the iPad,
Master Fader provides total control of your DL Series mixer. From
powerful hands-on control of input/output processing to complex show
management and device configuration, Master Fader provides unmatched
- Mixer view allows fast adjustment of channel controls including
solo, mute, pan and level with full metering
- Channel view gives control of power of DSP-based plug-ins
- Input channel linking for simple control of stereo sources
- Aux send linking perfect when using in-ear monitors
- 4 assignable mute groups provides customization control of channel
- 4 assignable view groups improves organization and eases navigation
- Quick access panel delivers instant access to critical and often
- Snapshots, show and presets allow fast setup and scene change
- Integrated stereo recording and playback from other apps using
- My Fader:
My Fader for iPod touch/iPhone delivers the power of a DL digital mixer
in an easy-to-use app that fits right in your hand. It's perfect for
on-stage performers controlling their own mix or for FOH engineers looking
for pocket-size wireless control.
- Control multiple input channels at once
- Link input channels for control of stereo sources
- Quick access to any mix
- Channel mute, ID and master fader control
- Snapshot recall from current show
- Mute group and view group access
- Access control ability
Note: Both Master Fader and My Fader are now fully translated into
five major languages (English, Spanish, French, German and Mandarin). Work
in your native language for even more control and ease of use than ever
Security Features: The PadLock feature locks down your iPad for
permanent installs, while the Kensington lock (the industry standard in
protecting technological equipment) secures the mixer to guard it from theft.