Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Take a personalized Sky Tour
StarSense AutoAlign takes some of the hard work out of amateur astronomy. When mounted on your compatible telescope, the included digital camera begins capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database of over 40,000 astronomical landmarks. In about three minutes, it's gathered enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Once that process is complete, you can push the Sky Tour button on the included remote and your telescope will treat you to a guided exploration of your particular portion of the sky. Afterward, you can use the database to search out specific stellar phenomena you've always wanted to see.
The StarSense AutoAlign module is compatible with:
StarSense AutoAlign is not compatible with NexStar GPS.
- enables automatic alignment of Celestron computerized telescopes
- aligns in 3 minutes or less
- Over 40,000 visible astronomical objects in internal database
- advanced mount modeling aligns on numerous stars for extremely precise GoTo pointing accuracy
- four line, 16 character backlit LCD StarSense hand controller with backlit LED buttons included
- weight: 17 oz.
- warranty: 2 years parts and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Reviews
What's in the box?
- StarSense alignment camera with slip-on lens cap
- Large camera bracket (attached to camera)
- Large bracket base (attached to bracket)
- Small camera bracket
- StarSense hand controller with attached coiled cord (RJ25 plug)
- 6' Flat cable (with RJ25 plugs on each end)
- 2 Thumbscrews (for large camera bracket)
- 4mm Allen wrench
Overview: The Celestron StarSense AutoAlign camera is an attachment that enables automatic alignment of a Celestron computerized telescope. It replaces the need for a finderscope to locate objects in the night sky.
StarSense Technology: Celestron's patented StarSense Technology uses an onboard digital camera with a fully multi-coated 20mm f/2 lens to scan the sky and take three pictures. It analyzes the pictures against an internal database and automatically aligns the telescope. The entire process takes about three minutes, and requires no user involvement. The included StarSense hand control, with its database of over 40,000 celestial objects, replaces your telescope's NexStar hand control. The hand control features a four-line, 18-character display screen with red backlighting. Pressing the SkyTour button on the hand control causes the StarSense to guide the telescope to all of the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more that are currently visible in the night sky.
Compatibility: The StarSense AutoAlign works with most computerized Celestron telescopes and optical tubes, including the listed telescopes carried by Crutchfield in parentheses):
- NexStar SE series (NexStar 4SE, NexStar 6SE, NexStar 8SE)
- CPC, CPD DX (CPC Deluxe 1100 HD, CPC 925 GPS)
- Advanced VX Series (Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD)
- NexStar SLT (NexStar 127 SLT)
- CGE Pro
- CGEM, CGEM DX
- NexStar GT*
- CG-5 Computerized*
* These telescopes mount with only one port for the hand control, and require an Auxiliary Port Splitter (item #93919), available from Celestron.
Mounting: The StarSense AutoAlign camera replaces the finderscope on your telescope. There are two camera brackets included in the box--a large and a small. The camera is already installed in the large bracket. The large bracket mounts to the optical tube via two thumbscrews, while the small bracket has a dovetail-style mount. The mount you use depends upon the telescope you have and the method of mounting the finderscope. A table is provided in the manual to guide you.
Note: Some telescopes have threaded holes to accept finderscopes in multiple locations, allowing you to mount both the StarSense and a finderscope, if desired.
Connections: The StarSense AutoAlign camera comes with a 6' Flat Auxiliary cable, plus the included hand control has a coiled cable. When installing the StarSense, you will need to connect the flat cable into the back of the camera and into the telescope mount's AUX jack. At the same time, the StarSense's hand control replaces the telescope's NexStar Hand Control, plugging into the telescope's hand control jack. If the telescope does not have an AUX jack, you will need to purchase an Auxiliary Port Splitter (item #93919) directly from Celestron for plugging in both the StarSense camera and hand control.