Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
We offer vehicle-specific installation instructions, dash kits, wiring harnesses, and speaker accessories at deeply discounted prices with car stereo and speaker purchases. Available for most vehicles.Learn more
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Traveling with camera equipment can be fraught with worry, but the Think Tank Photo Airport TakeOff™ will ease your mind. It's a rolling suitcase with padded inserts that allow you to configure the case for up to 2 pro DSLR bodies and several lenses or other accessories. There's even a large zippered compartment for your laptop or tablet. Best of all, once you zip the main compartment closed, you can use the included cable and lock to secure the interlocking zippers so nothing comes out without your say-so. If the terrain gets crowded or uneven, just close the retractable handle and pull out the built-in straps, and your rolling case becomes a backpack. It's an ingenious tool for a busy photographer on the go.
- wheeled travel case transports camera and accessories easily and safely
- converts quickly to a backpack for additional portability
- retractable handle locks in the fully open position
- lockable zippers keep valuable gear safe inside
- included cable and lock for additional security
- holds up to 2 pro or standard DSLR bodies with or without lenses attached
- additional storage space for laptop or tablet
- exterior fabric treated with water-resistant coating
- tripod or monopod can be carried using the straps and tripod cup provided
- extending handle can be retracted when not in use
- interior dimensions: 13"W x 18-1/2"H x 6-3/4"D
- exterior dimensions: 14"W x 21"H x 8"D
- laptop pocket: 11-7/16"W x 16-5/16"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 10.3 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Think Tank Photo Airport TakeOff™ Reviews
What's in the box?
- Airport TakeOff Rolling Camera Bag
- Tripod cup
- 3 Tripod straps
- Setting Your Personal Combination card
- Choice of Working Professionals catalog
- Product Registration card
Overview: The Think Tank Photo Airport TakeOff is a rolling camera bag that converts into a backpack. It meets domestic and international carry-on size requirements. It can carry two pro DSLR camera bodies with or without lenses attached. The bag can accommodate long telephoto lenses up to 400mm F2.8. You can also fit a 15" laptop (and some 17" laptops). The Airport TakeOff features in-line skate-style wheels and a retractable handle.
Note: You should always check with your air carrier to confirm current carry-on size restrictions.
Dimensions: The Airport TakeOff rolling camera bag features multiple customizable compartments so you can configure the interior space to suit your needs. The dimensions of the bag are:
|8.6 to 10.3 pounds|
Materials: The Airport TakeOff is made of velocity nylon with extra tall skid plates, a rubberized laminate reinforcement panel, and replaceable skate wheels. It includes lockable YKK RC Fuse zippers. All exterior fabric has a durable water repellant coating, and the underside has a polyurethane coating for superior water resistance. The inside features silver-toned nylon and a polyurethane-backed Velex liner, and high density closed cell foam dividers.
Features: The Airport TakeOff backpack has the following features:
- The extendable roller handle is located behind a zipper flap on the top of the bag. When the bag is used as a backpack, the handle can be retracted and concealed behind the zipper flap.
- The backpack straps are located behind a zippered panel, and simply pulled out when you're ready to wear the bag as a backpack. The straps can be easily tucked away when not in use.
- You can attach a tripod or monopod to the side of the bag using the included straps. Smaller tripods/monopods can be stored in the stretch side pocket and stabilized with the straps. For larger tripods, the supplied tripod cup can be used in addition to the straps.
- A 2x polyurethane-coated, seam-sealed nylon rain cover is included to protect your gear when the weather gets rough.
No Rhetoric Warranty: All Think Tank Photo products are covered by a No Rhetoric Warranty. The products are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner uses the product. Normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.