Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
It's a terrible feeling to miss a gorgeous shot because you couldn't get to your camera in time. With the Think Tank Photo Digital Holster, you can "draw and fire" like a gunslinger of the Old West. The unique shape of the bag lets you carry the camera in a ready-to-go position with your lens of choice already attached. A zippered extension makes room for telephoto lenses up to 400mm in length.
- holster-style case for large, full-frame DSLR camera body with long lens attached
- expandable for long telephoto lenses up to 400mm
- compatible with any Think Tank Photo accessory belt
- holster lid opens outward for fast and easy access to the camera
- exterior fabric features durable water-resistant coating
- seam-sealed rain cover included for protection from heavy downpours
- interior dimensions: 7-1/4"W x 7-1/4"H x 14-1/4"D
- exterior dimensions: 8"W x 8"H x 16"D
- weight: 1.3 lbs.
- warranty: lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 50 v2.0 Reviews
What's in the box?
- Digital Holster 50 V2.0 camera bag
- Shoulder strap
- Product registration card
Overview: The Think Tank Photo Digital Holster 50 V2.0 is a camera bag for a pro-sized DSLR or standard-sized DSLRs with an add-on battery grip with lens attached. It has a form-fitting design that is wide at the top and narrow at the bottom on the lens end. The "Pop Down" feature lets you expand the depth of the bag for longer lenses or lens hoods. The Digital Holster 50 V2.0 can be used independently with the included non-slip shoulder strap, or attached to a Think Tank belt.
Dimensions: The Digital Holster 50 V2.0 is sized to fit pro-level DSLRs such as the Canon 1D/1Ds/1Dx series, or Nikon D3/D4 series. It can also be used for standard-sized DSLRs with a bottom-mounted battery grip. These cameras can have a wide-angle zoom with the lens hood extended, or telephoto zoom lens attached with the lens hood extended. When the "Pop Down" is extended, you can fit camera with longer lenses, up to 80-400mm, with lens hoods extended. The dimensions of the bag are:
Depth: 11.25" to 14.25"
Depth: 13" to 16"
Materials: The Digital Holster 50 V2.0 is made of polyester and high-density nylon with YKK RC Fuse zippers. All exterior fabric has a durable water repellant coating, and the underside has a polyurethane coating for superior water resistance. The inside features silver-toned nylon, and high-density extruded nylon, along with a polyurethane-backed Velex liner and closed cell foam dividers.
Features: The Digital Holster 50 V2.0 has the following features:
- The forward-opening flip-top lid has sturdy YKK RC Fuse zippers to give you quick access from the top. The opening is spacious enough that you can leave most tripod plates attached to the camera. A small accessory pocket is provided underneath the lid to store batteries, memory cards, or filters.
- The front elastic pocket provides convenient storage for lens caps and accessories.
- A top-mounted padded handle lets you grab the bag and go. Directly beneath the handle is a small pocket with a hook-and-loop closure for storing a stack of business cards.
- A removable soft padded divider protects the camera's LCD screen from camera strap hardware.
- A 2x polyurethane-coated, seam-sealed nylon rain cover is included to protect your gear when the weather gets rough. It is stored in the outer side pocket.
- The removable shoulder strap lets you convert the bag to be worn on a belt. You can use the rear pass-through slot for a standard belt, or you can attach it to a Think Tank Pro Speed or Thin Skin belt. It is compatible with the Rotate or Lock system.
Rotate or Lock: You can choose how to attach the Digital Holster 50 V2.0 to a Think Tank Photo belt. If you prefer to keep the belt in one position and move your gear around the belt, you can choose the "rotate" method, mounting the bag's plastic tongue behind the belt. If you would rather keep the bag stationary on the belt, you can choose the "lock" method, sliding the plastic tongue into a webbing loop on the outside of the belt.
No Rhetoric Warranty: All Think Tank Photo products are covered by a No Rhetoric Warranty. The products are warranted against any defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original owner uses the product. Normal wear and tear is not covered by the warranty.