Our take on the Focusrite iTrack Dock
Take the mystery out of iPad recording
Making music with an iPad is easy. But figuring out how to connect instruments and microphones to your iPad can be tricky. The Focusrite iTrack Dock makes it easy to connect microphones, guitars, and keyboards, just as you would with a computer interface. Because it's made specifically for iPad, this interface also serves as a dock that secures, powers, and charges your iPad. It features a sliding built-in Lightning™ connector, so you can use it for your standard-size iPad or an iPad mini™. Place your iPad in the dock, and you'll have a touchscreen console ready to start capturing those ingenious guitar licks and vocal melodies before they slip away.
Connections for guitars, microphones, keyboards, and MIDI controllers
The iTrack Dock allows you to record audio from two inputs simultaneously, so you can lay down vocals alongside an instrument track. There are two XLR inputs for microphones, with phantom power for condenser mics. Two high-quality Focusrite mic preamps offer excellent sound quality with plenty of headroom. There are also two line inputs for keyboards and drum machines, as well as an instrument input for direct connection of an electric guitar or bass. Focusrite's unique halos around the gain knobs turn red when your signal clips, so you can set your input levels accurately. If you have a MIDI controller with a USB output, you can connect it to the iTrack Dock's USB input for use with MIDI controllers and synth apps.
The iTrack Dock features inputs for microphones, guitars and basses, line-level instruments like keyboards, and class compliant USB MIDI controllers.
Direct monitoring with headphones or speakers
Like computer recording interfaces, the iTrack Dock lets you use headphones or powered studio monitors to listen to playback. Each output has its own volume control. You can also minimize latency by pressing the Direct Monitor button. This sends the input signals from your mics and instruments directly to your monitors instead of routing the signal through your iPad first. This prevents latency hiccups from plaguing your performance as you record, keeping you in sync with your monitor mix.
Works with most recording apps
The iTrack Dock is compatible with any Core Audio recording app, including GarageBand® and Cubasis. It also comes with a free download for Tape by Focusrite, an easy-to-use app that lets you start laying down tracks right away.
- 2-input recording interface for iPad (models with Lightning connector only)
- Lightning connector slides up and down to accommodate iPad mini
- 2 Focusrite mic preamps with 48V phantom power offer low-noise, high-headroom performance
- accepts mic, instrument, line-level, and MIDI signals
- direct monitoring of input signals for low latency
- powers and charges docked iPad
- includes free Tape by Focusrite recording app
- 2 XLR microphone inputs with 48-volt phantom power
- 2 balanced 1/4" TRS line inputs for connecting keyboards, drum machines, and other line-level signals
- 1/4" TS instrument input for direct connection of an electric guitar or bass
- USB input for connecting a compatible MIDI controller
- two 1/4" TRS balanced analog outputs for connecting powered studio monitors
- 1/4" headphone output
- 24-bit analog-to-digital/digital-to-analog conversion with sampling rates of 44.1/48/96kHz
- Direct Monitor fader offers a custom mix of direct monitoring of analog input signals and returning digital signals from recording software
- illuminated halos around gain knobs indicate signal clipping
- compatible with iPad 4th Generation, iPad Air™, iPad mini and iPad mini with retina display
- compatible with any Core Audio iPad recording app, including GarageBand, Auria and Cubasis
- 11"W x 2-1/2"H x 6-5/8"D
- weight: 1.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee