JVC KDR80BT (Refurbished)
Item #: 905KDR80BT
This item is no longer available.
Original Price: $159.99
If knowledge is power, then prepare to feel important. JVC puts an awesome 4-line display in your dash with the KD-R80BT CD receiver. So whether you're listening to tunes on your iPod, checking out Pandora® on your iPhone, or streaming an app from your Android™ phone, you'll see plenty of song info. When a call comes in, it'll be easy to tell who's on the other line. Face it — you don't want to be staring at a scrolling display while you should be driving.
Plus, you can customize the look — choose from over 30,000 different shades for the left and right sides of the receiver.
Included Bluetooth® adapter
JVC includes a tiny little Bluetooth dongle that fits nicely on the rear USB input. Pair up the KD-R80BT CD receiver and an iPhone®, Android™ smartphone, or Blackberry™, and you can harness harness Bluetooth's true potential — you'll be able to receive text message notification, stream music, or access Internet radio stations, depending on your phone's features.
Great for Android™ smartphones
JVC's Android app lets you use your compatible Android phone's touchscreen to control the action using finger swipes and gestures — for example, tap the screen to play and pause, or swipe right to skip forward a track. So pop your Android phone in a mount, and you can reach down and skip a track without taking your eyes off the road.
Pair two phones at once
The KD-R80BT's built-in Bluetooth lets you pair two phones at once — no need to choose between your personal and business phones. When a call comes in, the receiver will blink either blue or red, so you'll know at a glance if your call is coming from home or the office. To answer a call, just tap the volume knob.
Higher-power USB connection
JVC upped the power in their USB port, which lets you keep your smartphone charged, even when it's doing several tasks at once. And with your smartphone connected, you can listen to its internal memory as one source and access the little microSD card as another.
Control PANDORA® Internet radio
JVC makes it easy to play your favorite PANDORA Internet Radio stations. iPhone users can control PANDORA when connected to the USB slot, while Android and Blackberry owners get full control of Pandora over the Bluetooth connection, depending on your phone's features.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this JVC stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the JVC, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
iPod note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- included Bluetooth adapter for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- USB 1A connection provides extra power for charging devices
- built-in iPod control
- control PANDORA® from your iPhone, Android, or Blackberry smartphone
- Android app for gesture control over music playback
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (20 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- fold-down face with Separated Variable Color display
- remote control
- 24-bit Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter
- high- and low-pass filters
- 3-band parametric equalizer
- compatible with satellite radio tuner (not included)
- inputs: two rear USB ports (one is for the Bluetooth adapter), rear auxiliary input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4.8-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
Other features and specs:
Why replace your factory radio?
Two good reasons - sound quality and cool features. A new car stereo offers power that's superior to most factory radios, along with more sophisticated tone controls. And most car stereos offer built-in or optional features that add safety and fun to life in your car, including inputs for your iPod or MP3 player, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free cell phone calls, satellite radio or HD Radio reception, and connections for building an audio system in your car.
JVC KDR80BT (Refurbished) Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Great head unit, only one issue
1990 Mazda Miata
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
I really like this unit. The Bluetooth pairs quickly, sound quality is excellent, it's easy to install and set up with Crutchfield's installation kit and instructions. I drive a Miata, so the car is noisy, but with the included microphone callers can hear my voice clearly. It's easy to make phone calls just by long-pressing the phone button and dictating who to call. The unit almost always chooses the correct contact when I use its voice control feature.
The only problem I have is that there's no way to pause BT playback from the unit, and so if I want to pause I have to find my phone and pause from there. It's inconvenient, so usually I just hit the mute button (which acts as the pause button for CD playback) rather than looking down at my phone. Other than that, I've had no issues and have loved the unit!
Pros: Sound Quality Bluetooth Voice Recognition Good looks 2 USB ports (one is used for BT though)
Cons: No pause function for BT audio
jvc head unit awsome crutchfield even better
2003 Ford F-150
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Ease of Use
Very good head unit looked at a lot of them and couldn't be happier. Didn't vome with remote but crutchfield sent one right away no question asked. Excellent customer service
Pros: Bluetooth connects and works good call quality is excellent. 3 line display is awsome
Cons: Bluetooth is not built in but not really a big deal because it has 2 usb ports
What's in the box?
- Refurbished AM/FM CD receiver (with 10-amp ATC fuse inserted into chassis)
- Face (inside face case)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- KS-UBT1 USB Bluetooth adapter (installed in rear USB port)
- Microphone with integrated bracketed (attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle male 3.5mm connector)
- Wireless remote control (RM-RK52)
- CR2025 3V Lithium battery (installed)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 2 Face-fixing tabs
- Instructions (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Installation/Connection Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- US Warranty Sheet
- Canadian Warranty Card
- Product Registration Card/Questionnaire
- Face security tabs note
- "Caution!" note (attached to wiring harness)
- USB Bluetooth Adapter instructions
- "The countries where you may use the Bluetooth function" note
- "USB Caution" note
Features and Specs
|RMS Power Output||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4.8 volts|
|Key Button Color||Variable|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||90 Days|
|Labor Warranty||90 Days|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||Sirius|
|FM Sensitivity||9.3 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
USB Bluetooth Adapter: The JVC KD-R80BT comes supplied with a USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) which is pre-installed into the head unit's rear-panel USB 1 input, making the KD-R80BT Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR certified. The KD-R80BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming. The USB Bluetooth Adapter (KS-UBT1) must remain plugged into the rear-panel USB 1 port, or can also be installed in the head unit's rear-panel USB 2 port.
Bluetooth Technology: Bluetooth is a two-way wireless communication system allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, as well as wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth enabled portable music player using the JVC in-dash CD receiver. Bluetooth wireless technology operates on a 2.4GHZ frequency band within a range of approximately 10 meters (about 33 feet).
Bluetooth Profiles: In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), OPP (Object Push Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or digital audio player must be paired with KD-R80BT before hands-free & wireless operation. You can register up to five Bluetooth enabled devices with the JVC head unit. You can keep two phones connected at all times (only one can be used during a call).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JVC head unit. See JVC's Bluetooth compatibility chart for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled devices.
External Microphone: The JVC KD-R80BT includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the level of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 12' cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle's sun-visor or taped to your dash. The external microphone measures 0.525" (diameter) x 1.485" (depth). This unit does not offer an integrated front-panel microphone.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The controls of the KD-R80BT can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (with mounting bracket) featuring adjustable gain, so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (front or all). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle's speaker, the head unit's display will flash (Ring Color), and the caller's name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the KD-R80BT's front-panel controls, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call. You can adjust the head unit's ring color from the unit's 29 preset colors or 30,000 custom colors.
- Dialing A Number: Using the KD-R80BT, you can dial a phone
number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number up to 32 digits from the head unit's front-panel rotary dial.
- Speed Dialing: You can store up to 6 contacts in the memory of this unit for speed dialing.
- Phone Book: You can dial by using the downloaded phone book. You can download phone book data from your cell phone to the KD-R80BT. If you phonebook contains a lot of contact numbers, you fast search (+/-10, 100, or 1000) through the phonebook by using the unit's control dial. You can also do an A-Z search to scroll the downloaded phonebook. Up to 5,000 numbers can be stored for each registered cell phone. Each number can be up to 32 digits long.
- Call Log: The Call Log is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 each).
- Voice Dialing: If your mobile phone supports voice recognition, then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
SMS: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone is compatible with SMS (Short Message Service), the JVC head unit will notify you when a message has been received. You must then use your phone to check the message. You cannot read, edit, or send a message through this unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The JVC KD-R80BT also supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth enabled audio player or smartphone. The KD-R80BT will be able to control basic playback functions of your Bluetooth device's stored music; such as Play/Pause, Skip Next/Previous, and Fast Forward/Rewind. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Song and Album title. The KD-R80BT also supports audio streaming of music apps (such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker) , but without control or metadata. You will continue to use your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to view and control streaming music apps. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Pandora Internet Radio Control: The JVC KD-R80BT CD receiver lets you playback and control the Pandora Internet Radio music service that is being streamed to your Apple iPhone, Android smartphone, or BlackBerry. While providing control over the Pandora music service, the KD-R80BT also displays Artist, Album, and Song information. You can select Pandora stations from your station list; you can sort the station list by date or alphabetically (A-Z). You can also skip song tracks within a station. In addition, you can also give songs a thumbs up/down and bookmark songs/artists. You can even create new stations based on the currently playing song or artist.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or smartphone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
Pandora App for iPhone: The JVC KD-R80BT lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed to your connected Apple iPhone, via the USB/iPod connector cable (included with your iPhone). To access Pandora you must have an Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0 or later) with the latest version of the Pandora App from the Apple's iTunes App Store. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
Pandora via Android or BlackBerry: The JVC KD-R80BT also lets you playback and control Pandora Internet Radio streamed from your Android or BlackBerry smartphone, via Bluetooth (no hard-wired connection required). Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must have the latest version of the Pandora App from the Android Market or the BlackBerry App World. Your Android or BlackBerry smartphone must also be Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP/SPP certified and will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. In addition, you will need an active Pandora music service account.
Dual USB Ports: The JVC KD-R80BT features two rear-panel USB 2.0 type-A ports (attached to a 45" pigtail) for connection of USB mass-storage class devices (such as a USB thumbdrive or digital audio player). The USB ports enable audio playback and control of MP3, WMA, & WAV audio files stored on portable USB mass-storage class devices. Both of the USB terminals can be connected to USB devices at the same time. USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (5V/1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
Note: The rear-panel USB 1 port comes with the KS-UBT1 Bluetooth adapter installed. The Bluetooth adapter must remain installed for Bluetooth functionality. It can be removed to allow connection of a second USB (MSC) device.
Playable Files: The JVC KD-R80BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA/WAV files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device. The USB device must be formatted in FAT 12/16/32. The CD receiver can support up to a total of 20,000 files and 2,000 folders (999 filer per folder).
|File Type||File Extension||Bit Rate||Sampling Frequency||Tags|
|MP3||.mp3||8-320 kbps||16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz||ID3 tag (version 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4)|
|WMA||.wma||5-320 kbps||8-48 kHz||WMA tag|
|WAV||.wav||705 or 1411 kbps||44.1 kHz||N/A|
ID3/WMA Tags: The unit also supports ID3 and WMA tags for display of album and artist information. The unit can display up to 128 characters.
Track/Folder List: The Track/Folder List displays a list of MP3/WMA/WAV folders and tracks on a connected USB memory device, so you can easily access your music.
Quick Search: You can search for your MP3, WMA, or WAV music tracks alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9).
Playback Modes: In addition to Normal playback, you can select from Repeat and Random playback modes.
- Repeat: Track Repeat (plays the current track repeatedly), Folder Repeat (plays all tracks of the current folder repeatedly), Off (cancels repeat function)
- Random: Folder Random (plays all tracks of the current folder, then the tracks of the next folder in random), All Random (plays all tracks of the current USD device at random), Off (cancels random function)
USB Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected USB mass storage class device when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Rear-Panel Auxiliary Input: A rear-panel stereo minijack is provided to allow the connection of a portable audio source. Simply connect your portable digital music player to the unit's rear-panel auxiliary input, and you can listen to the audio from the portable player through the speakers in your mobile audio system. The unit's rear-panel auxiliary input can be turned On or Off.
Optional Input Adapter: An optional JVC Line Input Adapter (469JVCRCA or 257KSU58, both sold separately) may be used to provide an additional auxiliary audio input on this unit. This feature allows you to connect a portable audio player, such as a portable MP3 player, to this unit as an additional audio source. The adapter connects to the proprietary J-port on the rear-chassis of the head unit.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The JVC KD-R80BT's rear-panel USB port can acts as an iPod/iPhone high-speed direct connection when used with the USB/iPod cable that came with your iPod/iPhone. An additional iPod cable is available (469USBPOD, sold separately) so you can leave one at home and one in the car. If you have an iPod nano (7th gen), iPod touch (5th gen), or iPhone 5; use the Lighting-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device to connect to the head unit. Using either cable allows audio playback, music navigation, information display, and charging of select iPod/iPhone models from the JVC in-dash head unit.
iPod DAC Bypass: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 24-bit D/A converter, allowing for a Signal to Noise ratio up to 98dB. The JVC head unit supports audio playback of music, podcasts, audiobooks, and music apps stored on your iPod or iPhone.
iPod/iPhone Control: You can choose to operate your iPod/iPhone through the JVC head unit's front-panel controls, from its clickwheel/touchscreen, or via a streamed app from your iPhone.
- Head Unit: From the head unit's front-panel controls you can search for music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, and Audiobooks. Once a Playlist or Category is selected, you can search for your iPod's music alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9). The KD-R80BT also supports Repeat (file/all) and Random (album/all) playback functions of your iPod/iPhone.
- iPod: You can choose to navigate your iPod or iPhone's stored music from its clickwheel or touchscreen, like you are accustomed to during normal usage.
- External (App Mode): External Mode lets you enjoy audio content from your downloaded music Apps (such as iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Last.fm, Rhapsody, & Slacker streamed to your Apple iPhone, through the JVC KD-R80BT. You will continue to use your iPhone's touchscreen to navigate and view your apps; the head unit will only display the clock and "EXT Mode".
Note: Access to your iPhone's downloaded application will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
iPod Display: The KD-R80BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information, when in Head Unit and iPod mode (not in External mode), or listening to Pandora Internet Radio. The head unit can display Track number, Elapsed playing time, Artist name, Song title, and Album label.
Auto Drive Router App: Auto Drive Router is a free JVC app from iTunes for your iPhone (iOS 5.0 or later). This app can be controlled from the JVC KD-R80BT, when your iPhone is connected to the head unit's USB port. Auto Drive Router lets you record your traveled routes and store recorded data on your iPhone, using Google Maps. E-mails with map data can also be sent quickly and easily from your iPhone, letting others know where you are or where you want to meet. You can start and stop when Auto Driver Router records your routes using the in-dash CD receiver's controls. You can also send an email template to your predetermined contacts directly from the receiver's controls. You can do all this while still listening to stored music or streamed music from your iPhone on the JVC KD-R80BT.
- Drive Data: This function allows you to record routes and store them as data in your iPhone, enabling you to easily retrieve data just by selecting a route from the Saved Route List. When data is called up on your iPhone, the route being taken will be shown as a single line on the map in different colors to indicate how fast you were traveling. It is also possible to zoom in and out of maps on your iPhone, as well as see the speed and altitude of routes in a graph format on the iPhone's touchscreen. By connecting an iPhone with this app installed to the KD-R80BT, you can record routes via the control knobs and buttons of the in-dash head unit.
- Here I AM: When you select the "Here I Am" function on the Auto Drive Router app, a flag showing "Here I Am?" will appear on the on-screen Google Map of your iPhone to indicate your current location. And by using a default template, an e-mail will also be created instantaneously for delivery of the map to multiple recipients. The flag can also be placed in different locations on the on-screen map of the iPhone with the "Here I Am" function being used to e-mail changes in meeting spots. When your iPhone is connected to the JVC CD receiver, your email templates can be selected and sent directly from the head unit.
Note: The JVC head unit must be set to External/App mode. All visual navigation will be displayed on your connected iPhone (not the JVC head unit). You can only control a specific number of functions from the JVC head unit. Not compatible with iPad or other iPod models.
iPod Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. This unit does not charge the iPad. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod Compatibility Chart: The JVC KD-R80BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 9/25/2013):
|iPod Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Pandora app||Auto Drive Router||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod||App mode||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Wireless Remote Control: The KD-R80BT comes supplied with a wireless remote control (RM-RK52). The remote contains Attenuator, Sound, Source, Tracking, and Volume functions. The remote operates off of a single CR2025 3V Lithium-cell battery (included).
Smart Remote App for Android: JVC's Smart Remote App lets you view the current status and perform simple gesture control of the JVC head unit from your Android smartphone. The Smart Remote App uses Bluetooth to communicate between your Android smartphone and the JVC car receiver. The JVC head unit will auto connect to the Smart Remote App when your Smartphone is in range. The Smart Remote App is specifically designed for easy gesture control operation while driving, so driver and passenger can access information with ease from the Android Smartphone. With the Smart Remote App, passenger and driver can check current playing song details or other car stereo information.
- Information Display: The JVC Smart Report App will display Song information such as Song title, Artist name, and Album label from a connected USB mass storage class device on your Android Smartphone. It also displays AM/FM station frequency # and name. In addition, it provides source, EQ, and playback mode indicator icons.
- Gesture Control Operation: The JVC Smart Report App lets you use finger gesture commands on your Android smartphone to control the playback of the JVC head unit. This type of gesture control is designed to operate the JVC head unit from your smartphone without having to look at your smartphone. Gesture control operations include Finger tap, Finger hold, Finger click, Finger swipe (right/left/up/down), and Finger curve (right/left/up/down).
Note: The free JVC Smart Remote App can be downloaded from the Android Market onto your compatible Android smartphone. requires that your Android smartphone have Android OS 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3 installed; as well as Bluetooth SPP support.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
AM/FM Tuner: The JVC KD-R80BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning.
RDS: The Radio Data System (RDS) feature displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title, and album when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
Preset Tuning: You can store a total of 18 FM stations presets and 6 AM station presets. The radio allows you to set your AM/FM stations manually or automatically.
Radio Timer: You can tune into a preset station at a specific time regardless of the head unit's current source. You can activate the Radio Timer once, daily, or turn it completely off.
IF Filter: You can also switch the tuner's IF filter to Wide or Auto to increase/decrease the sensitivity.
Mono: If an analog FM stereo broadcast is hard to receive, you can manually switch the tuner to Mono operation.
US/European Tuning: You can set the built-in AM/FM tuner between US standard and European tuning spacing.
Satellite Radio Ready: There are several options for connecting an optional XM or SIRIUS Satellite Radio receiver to this receiver:
- SIRIUS: The JVC KD-R80BT is compatible with the SiriusConnect Universal Tuner and Plug & Play Dock.
- SiriusConnect Tuner: Connect the optional SC-C1 SiriusConnect vehicle tuner (item # 607SCC1) and the JVC KS-SRA100 SIRIUS adapter (item # 105KSRA100) - package # 700SIRJVC1, sold separately.
- SiriusConnect Dock: Select dock-and-play and portable Sirius radios can be controlled using the JVC KS-SRA100 SIRIUS adapter (item # 105KSRA100) and the SC-VDOC1 dock (item # 607SCVDOC1) - package # 700JVCSIRP, sold separately.
- XM: A portable XM satellite radio tuner can be connected to the head unit's auxiliary input.
Note: A subscription is also required to receive satellite radio programming from SIRIUS or XM.
Disc Compatibility: The unit features a single disc player that will playback CD-Audio, CD-Text, and finalized CD-R/CD-RW audio discs.
MP3/WMA Playback: The KD-R80BT can play MP3 (5-320 kbps)/WMA (5-320 kbps) music files that have been recorded on CD-R/CD-RW discs. The disc must be recorded in one of the following formats: ISO 9660 Level 1/Level 2, Joliet, or Romeo. The CD receiver can support up to a total of 20,000 files and 2,000 folders (999 filer per folder). The unit also supports IDTag3 (version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4) for album and artist information from MP3 or WMA files.
Track/Folder List: The Track/Folder List displays a list of MP3/WMA folders and tracks on a loaded CD, so you can easily access your music. The Track/Folder List will also display the list of track titles on a CD Text disc.
Quick Search: You can search for your MP3, WMA, or WAV music tracks alphabetically (A-Z) or numerically (0-9).
Random/Repeat Modes: The JVC KD-R80BT offers the following Repeat and Random playback modes for your audio CDs.
- Repeat: Track Repeat (plays the current track repeatedly), Folder Repeat (plays all tracks of the current folder repeatedly), Off (cancels repeat function)
- Random: Folder Random (plays all tracks of the current folder, then the tracks of the next folder in random), All Random (plays all tracks of the current disc at random), Off (cancels random function)
Disc Resume: If you change the source, playback also stops (without ejecting the disc). Next time you select CD for the playback source, the disc will start from where it has been stopped previously.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Disc Protection: If the ejected disc is not removed within 15 seconds, the disc is automatically inserted again into the loading slot to protect it from dust. The source will change to CD, and the disc will begin playback, even if you have another source selected at the time.
Mounting: For proper disc playback you must install the unit within 30-degrees of horizontal.
24 Bit D/A Converter: The JVC KD-R80BT utilizes a 24-bit digital to analog converter for superior CD sound quality.
MOSFET Amplifier: The KD-R80BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the KD-R80BT are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the KD-R80BT are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 20 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 total watts)
Amplifier Gain Control: When you are using the KD-R80BT with factory speakers (or those rated to less than 50 watts peak), the Amplifier Gain Control can limit the amount of power being sent to those speakers. When the Amp Gain Control is set to "low," the volume control ranges from 0 (minimum) to 30 (maximum). When using speakers rated higher than 50 watts peak, you can set the Amp Gain Control to "high," and the volume control will range from 0 to 50.
Volume Adjust: The input level of each source (other than FM) is adjustable relative to the FM radio volume, so there isn't a significant volume difference when changing sources. Each source is individually adjustable from -5 to +5.
Pro EQ: The KD-R80BT is equipped with JVC's Pro EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Flat, Natural, Dynamic, Vocal Boost, Bass Boost, User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 3-band parametric EQ (Frequency, Level, and Q-Factor).
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 2.0|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||0.75, 1.0, 1.25|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||+/- 12 dB (-6 to +6)||Fixed|
Source Link EQ: This feature allows you to store Pro EQ bass, middle and treble tone settings for each source (CD, AM/FM, Aux, USB, iPod, Bluetooth, and Pandora).
Loud (Loudness): This feature boosts low and high frequencies to produce a well-balanced sound at a low volume level. You can turn this feature on or off.
4.8V/6CH Preamp Output: The KD-R80BT is equipped with three pair of 4.8V preamp outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer). The front & rear preamp outputs offer balance/fade control and are designed to hookup to a full-range 4-channel amplifier. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and designed to hookup to a mono-block subwoofer amplifier.
Subwoofer Controls: The JVC KD-R80BT offers the following subwoofer controls, when you have the unit's subwoofer preamp output activated.
- Low Pass Crossover: The receiver features a built-in Low Pass Crossover for subwoofer preamp output. You can select from 55 Hz, 85 Hz, 120 Hz, or off.
- Subwoofer Level: Once the Subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can independently control the subwoofer preamp output level (0-8) from the CD receiver.
High-Pass Crossover: When activate the subwoofer preamp output's low pass crossover, you can also activate a high-pass filter (fixed at low-pass filter frequency) for the unit's front & rear channels (speaker- or preamp-level), so low frequency signals are cut off from your system's front & rear speakers.
Key-Touch Tone: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This function can be turned On or Off.
Detachable Fold-Down Display: The JVC KD-R80BT features a manual fold-down face-plate with a 3-line alphanumeric-text display. The JVC KD-R80BT's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. A hard-plastic face-case is provided. A face-fixing screw is supplied for making the face non-detachable, if desired. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
Variable Color LCD & Key Illumination: The JVC KD-R80BT features 29 color presets for the LCD and button illumination. You can choose one of these color presets or select the ColorFlow mode which scrolls through all 29 color presets. Additionally, there is a User preset, allowing you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue from 0 to 31; resulting in approximately 30,000 custom color options. The chosen color preset or custom color can be applied to the display panel and the backlighting for all the buttons except the eject button (it remains red). You can choose to use the same color for the LCD display and button illumination, or use a separate color for each one. You can also select a different color for daytime and nighttime in regards to the unit's LCD and button illumination.
LCD Type: You can select between a Negative or Positive pattern for the display. You can also set the unit to automatically switch to a Positive LCD pattern during the day and a negative LCD pattern during the night.
Brightness/Contrast: The unit offers an adjustable display and button illumination brightness level (0-31) for day and nighttime driving. You can also adjust the display contrast (0-8) to make the display clearer and more legible.
Display/Button Illumination Dimmer: The display/button illumination dimmer can be set to Off (normal brightness at all times), On (display/button illumination is always dimmed), or Auto (display dims when 12-volts is applied to the orange/white illumination lead).