Why Choose Crutchfield?
Great gear and expert advice
Our experts help you pick the ideal gear for your needs.Meet our advisors
Free tech support for the life of your gear.Read about our one-on-one expert help
You may return items that are complete and like new for any reason within 60 days.See the details of our return policy
Earn one point for every dollar you spend and use those points to save on future purchases.Get full details on Crutchfield Rewards
Deep discounts on car installation gear
Trusted since 1974
Our customers have trusted us with their business, and they’ve helped us win awards for our service.Check out our most recent awards
The manufacturer’s warranty always applies.See more details
Make adjustments to your HELIX DSP from the front seat, without a computer
If you use a Helix DSP processor in your system, the URC-2A remote control can control several functions of your processor from the front seat of your vehicle, without having to plug in a computer. You can adjust the main and subwoofer volumes, switch between your digital and analog sources, and even quickly switch back and forth between two previously saved processor setups. You can re-configure some of the URC-2A's functions using your Helix DSP's DSP-PC Software.
Controlling a digital source
If you're using the digital input on your Helix DSP processor, the signal from your device contains no volume level data, so you'll need this remote in order to control the volume.
- wired remote control for a HELIX DSP or DSP PRO
- will also work with Helix MATCH PP520DSP, PP82DSP, and PP52DSP processors
- 16.25-foot cable
- controls include:
- main and subwoofer volume
- switch between digital and analog inputs
- switch between stored DSP settings Setup 1 and Setup 2
- bypass all processing
- Fun Control: high-, mid-, and low-frequency shelf filtering
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Helix URC-2A Reviews
Average Customer Review:
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
Works as advertised.
Pros: Adjustable sub volume. Switch between 2 different dsp profiles , one for when there is only one person in the car, one for when there are passengers.
Cons: None so far. Drove 2200km without disconnecting
Not quite there
Crutchfield Customer Review (What's this?)
This remote is great in theory however it misses big time in reality. Once again, the instructions are vague at best and to program the remote using a laptop connected thru the Helix DSP is confusing. Just an example is that control 1 can be selected to operate the "Fun" function. What is that? No where in the instructions does it define "Fun" function or really give you many options to program. I will say it is great to be able to control the subwoofer level but that is all I can really find useful for this remote. The plug that connects it into the DSP is very weak and it falls out constantly which powers down the entire system. They should have put some kind of clip or locking device on it just as they did the rest of the cabling. Mine is installed in a GTI and it is popping out left and right, I can't imagine it staying put in a 4X4 or off-road vehicle as the vibrations will give you fits trying to keep it plugged in. In fact, I bet it will eventually break because of this flaw. I will be calling customer service for tips on how to secure this better or anything else that might help.
Pros: Subwoofer control
Cons: Confusing, instructions are severely lacking. Very weak cable input into Helix DSP. Remote is rather large for its function.
What's in the box?
- Wired remote control module
Functionality: The functions of the two dials and one switch vary based on what DSP is installed, and can be changed using Audiotec Fischer's DSP PC-Tool software:
- PP 52DSP:
- Control I (dial): auxiliary input volume, master volume, or Fun Control (similar to a variable loudness control)
- Control II (dial): subwoofer volume, auxiliary input volume, or Fun Control
- Mode (two position switch): bypass EQ (compare the system with DSP vs. without DSP), Aux mode (on/off), or Setup Switch (switch between two DSP profiles loaded in memory)
- PP 82DSP:
- Control I: auxiliary input volume or master volume
- Control II: subwoofer volume or auxiliary input volume
- Mode: bypass EQ (compare the system with DSP vs. without DSP), Aux mode (on/off), Setup Switch (switch between two DSP profiles loaded in memory), or optical input mode (on/off)
- Helix DSP:
- Control I: master volume, optical input volume, Track analog signal (dial has no function, optical input volume is controlled by the incoming analog signal), or off
- Control II: subwoofer volume, off
- Mode: optical input mode (on/off), Setup Switch
Connection: The attached cable has an eight pin connector that plugs into the DSP.
- Width: 1.542"
- Height: 0.95"
- Length: 4.32"
Our Product Research Team
Why did you buy this?
remote control of BimmerTech (Audiotec-Fischer) pp82dsp... I want to remotely adjust subwoofer level and switch between driver and 4 passenger setups. [ Bruce Jan 03, 2016 ]
1 question already asked
Yes you can [ PROSCAPES INC / Nov 03, 2014 ]