Our take on the Helix PP50DSP
Use a micro-SD card to load your vehicle's acoustic
settings into the PP50DSP processor.
Bring magic to your car's factory radio
Helix's Plug and Play system will turn the inside of your car into a hi-fi listening space to rival your living room. Helix engineers took precise measurements of your factory sound system's acoustic properties, then created time alignment settings and equalization curves designed to transform the sound in your vehicle, all stored in this tiny digital processor/amplifier that hides away easily.
You'll experience music like you were in a concert hall, not in a noisy vehicle on the road. And the system plugs into your vehicle's existing factory system without cutting any wires, so you can return a leased car back to stock, for instance.
The vehicle-specific Helix Plug and Play system
First, you'll need to purchase a Helix vehicle-specific adapter harness that plugs in between your car's stock receiver and speakers. Then, this PP50DSP signal processor takes the signal from the factory radio and transforms it into focused, clear, and powerfully moving music that'll dance across your dashboard. The processor's built-in amplifier puts out up to 50 watts RMS to each of your car's four speakers and another 160 watts RMS for the optional PP7E sub, so you'll definitely feel big improvement in your music's impact.
You'll need a vehicle-specific cable
to connect this Helix system.
Download the software for your car
After installing the Helix system, you simply go to helixhifi.com to download the acoustic settings Helix developed for your specific vehicle. You copy the settings onto a microSD memory card (not included), put the card in the PP50's slot, turn on the power, and the processor automatically adjusts the sound to perfection.
Helix's compact PP7E sub adds the
punch your factory system's missing.
You'll want the bass
The optional PP7E subwoofer comes in a compact, vented enclosure with dual 7-inch subs that provide the low-frequency punch that'll satisfy the lovers of all musical styles. The processor's equalization curves incorporate big bass, so you will definitely miss some of the fun if the PP7E sub isn't in the system.
Want even more bass?
For those wanting more bass than the PP7E and its 160 watts of power can provide, you can use Helix's optional (PP-SC4) cable to connect your PP50DSP processor directly to a Helix B ONE subwoofer amplifier that will deliver up to 950 watts RMS to your sub setup.
Important Note: This Helix upgrade system plugs in between your vehicle's factory radio and speakers, so it will not work in a premium sound system equipped with a factory amplifier. You must identify your vehicle to order a Helix Plug and Play upgrade system online. Or, if you prefer, call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to make sure you get the upgrade system that works in your vehicle.
The basic Helix upgrade works with the PP7E
subwoofer and a vehicle-specific harness (not shown).
- digital signal processor for Helix Plug and Play factory system upgrade
- designed for non-amplified factory systems (will not work in a premium audio system with a factory amp)
- download vehicle-specific processor settings from helixhifi.com
- needs a microSD memory card for applying settings (sold separately)
- built-in 5-channel amplifier
- 35 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms + 160 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms + 160 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 3.5 mm auxiliary input for adding a music source (5' auxiliary input cable included)
- includes 7-foot cable for connecting to vehicle-specific harness
- vehicle-specific harness sold separately
- Plug and Play connection for optional PP7E subwoofer
- fuse rating: 20A x 1
- dimensions: 6"W x 1-11/16"H x 6-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee