Our take on the AudioQuest Cinnamon
Who'd have guessed that USB cables can sound different?
During AudioQuest's recent visit, they showed us their line of USB cables. These cables definitely have a high-quality look and feel, but we wondered how noticeable any sonic improvements would be. The proof was in the listening. In a direct comparison to a free-in-the-box USB cable, the AQ cable delivered greater bass extension, along with more bass and mid-bass detail. The soundstage opened up and vocals sounded more natural.
A high-quality USB cable is a great way to connect your desktop or laptop computer to a high-end audio digital-to-analog converter. For USB audio, as with all digital audio signals, it's critical to maintain accurate timing. This cable can reduce the timing errors or "jitter" that often makes digital music sound less clear and rich and three-dimensional.
Paying attention to every detail
AudioQuest Cinnamon is the USB cable for music lovers. It's carefully engineered, made with top-notch materials, and tested through hours and hours of listening. One way AQ improves the audio performance of its digital cables is by adding a thin layer of silver plating to the solid copper wires. When it comes to conducting signals, silver is the best-performing metal better than either copper or gold. Cinnamon's silver-plated conductors are designed to reveal more high-frequency detail.
If you enjoy listening to digital music files on a high-end audio system, you'll be surprised at the difference AQ's USB cables can make.
- length: 3 meters (10 feet)
- USB cable (Type A to Type B)
- for use with audio D/A converters, select computer speaker systems, external hard drives, and more
- exceeds USB 2.0 high-speed data transfer specification
- low-jitter design specifically for USB audio
- silver-plated solid copper conductors for superior sound quality (silver layer is 1.25% of total conductor)
- polyethylene insulation
- triple shielding (foil/mylar/braided copper) to reject interference
- gold-plated connectors for maximum signal transfer
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee