Our take on the Sigma Photo EF-610 DG Super Flash
Power and poise
Powerful, portable, and full-featured, the Sigma EF-610 Super Flash lets you put just the right light on your subject to create great-looking photos ranging from subtle to dramatic.. This is a lens with power and subtlety. Sigma's autozoom function provides the perfect coverage angle for the focal length of your lens, from 24-105mm. A built-in "wide panel" allows you to illuminate focal lengths as wide as 17mm. For bounce-flash effects, you can rotate the flash head up and to the right by as much as 90 degrees, or left by 180 degrees, and even down by 7 degrees.
Let your camera do the work — or go "manual"
The EF-610 Super Flash is designed to work in concert with your camera's exposure system, so that you can achieve the perfect exposure for your subject without having to fuss with settings. But of course it offers way more control than that. Manual settings allow you to adjust the flash power by up to eight stops — from full power to 1/128 power. FP (high-speed) flash mode allows you to use fast shutter speeds without synchronization issues. Rear-curtain synchro flash lets you represent motion blur in a natural way, with blurs trailing the flash-illuminated subject.
Designed for the thinking photographer
Use the EF-610 as a master or slave unit in a multi-flash setup, without wires. Or just operate it wirelessly away from the camera body, while still using the wireless TTL information from your compatible camera. And check out these thoughtful features: there's a "catch light," which introduces a sparkle in the pupils of your subject while using the flash head in bounce mode. A modeling flash function lets you check for unwanted reflections or shadows before you commit to the shot. And an auto-off function shuts down the unit after it remains idle for a designated time, helping conserve your battery power.
- compatible with Sigma DSLR cameras
- i-TTL (intelligent through-the-lens) flash exposure control
- powerful 61 guide number (200 feet) with zoom head at 105mm
- autozoom function sets optimum illumination angle in accordance with lens's focal length
- adjustable from 24-105mm; built-in wide panel increases coverage to 17mm
- multipulse flash
- modeling flash function enables you to check for reflections and unflattering shadows before taking flash photo
- rear-curtain synchro flash enables natural representation of motion blur
- FP (high-speed) flash mode allows synchronization with fast shutter speeds
- autofocus auxiliary light assists focus in low-light situations
- TTL wireless flash allows the flash unit to be used away from the camera
- wireless flash operation as a "master" or "slave" unit
- manual settings allow flash power to vary from full to 1/128 power
- tilt and swivel flash head (tilts up to 90 degrees or down to -7 degrees, and rotates horizontally 180 degrees to the left, 90 degrees to the right)
- catch-light panel creates a sparkle eye reflection when using flash as bounce light
- uses 4 "AA" batteries (not included)
- weight: 11.6 oz. (without batteries)
- 3"W x 5-1/2"H x 4-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee