Our take on the TEAC DS-H01
The DS-H01 can be an important part of your desktop computer audio system. Shown with the TEAC A-H01 integrated amplifier.
High-quality sound from your favorite Apple portable
The TEAC DS-H01 dock makes a great addition to your desktop audio system. This compact brushed-aluminum component ensures you'll get superior sound from your iPod, iPhone, or iPad. It bypasses your portable's internal digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and uses its own built-in high-performance Burr-Brown DAC to deliver more detail and richer, fuller sound from your favorite music.
Works for streaming audio sources, too
And that enhanced sound quality doesn't just apply to your stored tunes. If you enjoy streaming audio on your iPhone or iPad from services such as Pandora® Internet radio, Spotify, or Slacker, you'll hear a noticeable improvement when you play them through your system's speakers.
Input and output options
The DS-H01 has analog stereo RCA outputs so you can connect it to a receiver or powered speaker system. It also features coaxial and optical digital outputs, so that owners of high-end DACs can enjoy a superb iPod listening experience by feeding digital audio from the DS-H01. A convenient USB port makes it easy to sync your docked Apple portable to your computer.
Video output options
The DS-H01 has both composite and S-video outputs, so you can enjoy your player's photos and videos on your TV. Use composite for older TVs that are limited to this type of connection. Or, if your TV supports it, use the S-video connection to enjoy photos and videos from your player with richer color and more detail.
30-pin dock connector
The DS0H01 has a 30-pin dock connector, so you can use it with most docking iPods, iPads, and iPhones. For 2012 and newer models that use a Lightning connector — such as the iPhone 5®, iPad mini®, iPad 4, 7th generation iPod nano® and 4th generation iPod touch® – you'll need a 30-pin-to-Lightning adapter (available separately).
- for docking iPods, iPhones and iPads with 30-pin connector
- Lightning connector Apple portables (iPhone 5, 7th generation iPod nano, 4th generation iPod touch, iPad 4, and iPad mini) require adapter (available separately)
- bypasses docked player's DAC (digital-to-analog converter)
- built-in 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown PCM1796 DAC
- coaxial and optical digital audio outputs
- analog stereo RCA output (RCA audio cable included)
- S-video and composite video outputs
- high-speed USB port lets you play music from computer, or sync docked player
- remote control
- AC power adapter
- 8-1/2"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-1/2"D
- weight: 2.4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee