Our take on the Cinetics CineMoco System
Smooth camera moves for great shots, time-lapse, and stop-motion
The Cinetics Cinemoco motorized dolly system is a revolutionary way to add production value to the videos and time-lapses you shoot. A robust, battery-powered drive motor is paired with an intelligent controller, and can be programmed for continuous repeatable moves, shoot-move-shoot time-lapse modes, or precise command-driven stop-motion photography. The resulting smooth moving shots that manipulate time and space are extraordinary, creating new ways to document the world that compel a viewer's attention.
The Cinetics Cinemoco motorized dolly system is portable yet versatile.
The Cinemoco system marries different individual components to create a versatile moving point of view for your chosen camera. Traditional video cameras, action video cameras, or DSLRs and compact system cameras are all at home atop a compatible tripod head (not included) that's paired to this setup.
Starting at ground level, we have a four-foot assembly of SkateTrack. These twin rails with outrigger legs provide the smooth, stable surface upon which the entire assembly rides. The SkateTrack breaks down in 2-foot sections in seconds and can be stored in a backpack. Additional SkateTrack sections can be added to expand your movement range.
CineSkates V Wheels allow an even, smooth roll on flat surfaces and on the aforementioned SkateTrack. Underneath the main dolly frame (the SkatePlate), they form the primary structure support for your camera. The SkatePlate is fully compatible with all CineSkates, the CineSquid, and many other products in the Cinetics Connect family.
The drive system
Finally, the Cinemoco controller and motor are capable of continuous moves from .3 to 14.5 centimeters per second (.12 - 5.71 inches per second), and moves as tiny as .01 centimeters over 6500 seconds in time-lapse mode. Now that's fine motor control. Cables are included for tethering selected popular cameras to a computer for time-lapse control and processing (and many other control cables are available separately).
Smooth moving shots are one of the primary building blocks of fine motion picture production. They put us into the scene on the screen, because they mirror how we experience the world. Our bodies act as a big shock-absorber for our eyes, plus our brain does internal image-stabilization along the way. So it's no wonder we like stable, even moving shots in our on-screen entertainment and no surprise that we can feel distracted by shaky handheld footage. A tripod often isn't enough for convincing movement, because it can only help for shots where your camera stays in one place. And moving the camera does more than make the experience seem real; it makes your camera a character, a participant, a narrator.
So consider what Cinetics gear can bring to the table for your next video project. Whether it's a simple home movie, a film school exercise, or a full-blown professional production, good camera mounting can make a world of difference in how your audience will experience what you've captured.
- motorized dolly system with controller, motor, dolly frame, wheels, and track
- wheels are calibrated and graduated for precise, repeatable camera movement
- controller is capable of various programmed movement:
- continuous movement from .3 cm/sec. to 14.5cm/sec.
- S-M-S mode (shoot-move-shoot) for moving camera time lapse shots
- manual command mode for stop-motion photography moves
- runs on open-source software
- weight capacity: 11 lbs. (tripod head and camera together)
- tripod head and camera not included with system
- Cinemoco controller unit with five-hour rechargeable battery
- SkatePlate retractable quick set-up dolly frame
- CineSkates V Wheels for easy smooth rolling on flat surfaces and SkateTrack
- SkateTrack, a collapsible four-foot track assembly with connectors and outrigger legs
- additional optional extra sections of track can be added to enhance movement range
- accessory pouch with charger and cable
- rail bag
- connector bag
- three camera cables (N3, D3, and DC0)
- shipping weight: 10 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee