Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: The Sennheiser HDVD 800 digital headphone amplifier helps
you get the most out of your high-end headphones. You can connect up to four
pairs of dynamic headphones at one time--two by 1/4" jacks, and two by XLR-4
jacks. There are multiple input jacks, both analog and digital, for connecting
Symmetrical Signal Processing: The HDVD 800's symmetrical signal
processing provides exact signal transmission over the entire frequency spectrum
with very low harmonic distortion. Very short signal paths are used,
resulting in a wide dynamic range, wide bandwidth, and high transient response. The use of high quality components
gives you the pure musical enjoyment from any source.
Built-in D/A Converter: The HDVD 800 is equipped with a high quality
Burr-Brown digital-to-analog converter with a resolution of 24-bits and a
sampling rate of up to 192 kHz for crystal clear, distortion-free audio quality.
The sampling rate is automatically adjusted between 44.1 kHz and 192 kHz.
USB Input: The headphone amplifier features a USB Type B
input so it can be connected to a computer and use it as a high-quality sound
card. If your computer has a Windows OS (XP, Vista, 7, 8), you will need to
install the driver from the included CD-ROM. (The driver is not needed for Mac
OS X 10.6.4 or later.)
Input Connections: The rear panel is divided into three sections:
Digital, Analog, and Power. The available connections are as follows:
- Analog Section:
- XLR-3 Balanced Input: Separate 3-pin XLR connectors for left
and right channels
- RCA Unbalanced Input: Left and right RCA connectors with an
input attenuation rotary switch
- XLR-3 Balanced Output: Separate 3-pin XLR connectors for left
and right channels
- Digital Section:
- USB: Type B USB port (USB Audio Class 2--24 bit/192 kHz)
- Optical: S/PDIF input, Toslink digital connection
- Coaxial: S/PDIF input, RCA digital jack
- AES/EBU: XLR-3 Digital Input
- Power Section: IEC 3-prong mains socket
Input Selection: The input can be selected using the rotary,
6-position switch on the front panel. An LED will glow to indicate which input
has been selected. The input positions are labeled: AES, COAX, OPT, USB, UNBAL,
- Frequency Response: 0.3 Hz to 100 kHz
- Crosstalk Attenuation: min. 93dB @ 1 kHz
- THD+N: <0.001%
- RCA Input/XLR-4 Output: adjustable 14dB, 22dB, 30dB, 38dB, 46dB
- XLR Input/XLR-4 output: 16dB
- Dynamic Range: >115dB @ 600Ω load