Our take on the LG 42LK530
By displaying full 1080p picture resolution, the 42LK530 lets you see every bit of detail in your high-definition TV shows, Blu-ray movies, and video games. And sports fans will love the way LG's TruMotion 120Hz processing tackles motion blur without losing the sizzle of high-speed action.
LG's latest TVs give you more web access
The 42LK530 is an Internet-ready TV, and LG's NetCast feature brings some of the best online video sources directly to your television. You can watch movies from your Netflix® Instant Queue, or choose from over 3,000 high-def on-demand titles from Vudu®, all from the comfort of your sofa. If you have a wireless network in your home, just add LG's Wi-Fi® USB adapter to enjoy all that online entertainment without running a network cable to your TV.
Plenty of high-def connections
Several high-def inputs are distributed on the back and side panels, including three HDMI inputs and two component video inputs. Connect a Blu-ray player, an HD satellite or cable box, and a high-def video game console.
Learn about the ins and outs of HDMI connections at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- 42" screen (measured diagonally)
- high-gloss black finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- TruMotion 120Hz blur reduction for clear video motion
- 150,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- Picture Wizard II screen calibration system
- Internet-ready plays Netflix® video and more (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix)
- video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC (wireless streaming requires LG's Wi-Fi® USB dongle)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- SIMPLINK simplifies control of compatible LG components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 7 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video
- 2 component video
- 3 HDMI v1.3
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack output for connecting headphones or a sound bar
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports for connecting a camera or thumb drive, and for use with LG's Wi-Fi® USB adapter)
- detachable swivel stand
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 40-3/8"W x 24-1/2"H x 3"D (27"H x 10-3/8"D on stand)
- weight: 34.2 lbs. with stand; 30.6 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.