Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Controls on top of unit (under
a clear Plexiglas lid that slides open):
- The bass boost switch is On or Off and increases
bass by 6dB at 45Hz.
- The level control is a rotary knob which is variable from
minimum to maximum.
- The crossover switch can select low pass, off (full range), or
high pass (12dB slope for both).
- The low pass frequency knob is variable from 40 to 240 Hz.
- The high pass frequency knob is variable knob from 40 to 240
The power LED is green. The
protect LED is red.
On the left side of the unit:
- Hi-Level input: There is a molex input for
the supplied speaker level harness.
- RCA preamp input:There are left and right
gold plated RCA inputs.
- RCA preamp output: There are left and right
gold plated RCA outputs for connecting another amplifier. These are pass through and not
changed by the crossover settings.
On the right side of the unit:
- Fuse input for a 15 amp blade fuse.
- Gold plated terminal strip for power, remote
turn on and ground.
- Gold plated terminal strip for loudspeaker
output. For bridged operation use L(+) and Right(-).
- Short circuit
- DC offset
- Thermal overload
MOSFET power supply for cooler
and more stable operation.
Physical Design: The amplifier
uses an extruded aluminum heat sink for greater cooling.
The power output is at 14.4
volts DC at 20-20kHz.
The 2 ohm output is 100 watts x
2 RMS at .1% THD. Peak 2 ohm output is 200 x 2.
The bridged output at 4 ohms is
200 watts x 1 RMS at .1% THD. Peak bridged output is 400 watts.
The Input impedance is 20 k
The allowable voltage DC is
10.8 to 15.6.