Our take on the Eclipse GPS-105
Your Eclipse in-dash stereo with Area Shot capability gets you where you're going by showing the maps and directions you've downloaded onto disc on the stereo's display. This GPS-105 Area Shot package connects to your compatible stereo to enhance your trip with a long list of added navigation features. It includes the Area Shot processor and the antenna you'll need to receive satellite navigation signals.
With the standard Area Shot system, you have to select the next map area on the display manually as you drive along your route. The GPS-105 switches maps automatically, so you can keep your eyes on the road. Once you've made a turn, the system also shows you the next relevant intersection.
The enhanced Area Shot system gives you an audible alert as you approach your next turn. This way, you won't have to check the map constantly as you approach intersections; you'll know exactly when you're supposed to turn.
The map displays local points of interest with the touch of a button, so you can find gas stations, hotels, and restaurants as you're traveling. The GPS-105 tracks the map so that it always faces the direction you're driving, which makes reading the map and anticipating your next move easier.
As you're driving, your stereo's display shows you in real time exactly how much distance is left until your next turn. And you can preview the route, so you can familiarize yourself with the directions before you get on the road.
- Area Shot navigation add-on system
- enhances Area Shot capabilities for select Eclipse in-dash stereos
- includes processor and roof-mount antenna
- automatic map switching selects the next map area as you're driving
- maneuver alert tells when a turn is coming up
- mileage reports tell distance until your next turn
- points of interest in the area can be overlaid on the map
- map tracks with you, facing the direction you're driving
- overview allows you to preview your route before you drive
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee