Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: The Cobra CPI 880 power inverter provides
household (AC) power from your vehicle's battery. The inverter has two 3-pronged AC outlets for
household appliances or a laptop, as well as a USB charging port (Type A) for your
mobile phone, tablet, iPod, or other USB devices.
Typical Uses: The CPI 880 provides 800 watts of continuous
power, and is recommended for powering household appliances, electronics, and office equipment. It
comes with a
direct-to-battery cable with terminal clamps for connecting the inverter to your
Protection Circuits: The CPI 880 has a number of protection
circuits for safe operation. These circuits include: overload, short-circuit,
over-temperature, reverse polarity, and under/over voltage. The inverter has a
cooling fan that increase speed as the load increases and stops when there is no
Alarm: The inverter has a built-in alarm that will sound
when the DC input voltage is getting low (10.2-10.8V). The inverter will shut
down when the voltage gets down to 9.2-9.8V.
- Output Voltage: 109-120 Volts AC; 60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Output Power: 800 Watts maximum continuous
- Surge Rating Power: 1600 Watts peak (0.1 second) (startup
- Peak Efficiency (12V--1/2 Load): 88%
- Efficiency (12V--full load): 83%
- Output Waveform (resistive load): Modified sine
- USB Output: 5 Volts DC continuous
- Input Voltage: 10.4 to 14.4 Volts DC
- Shutdown Voltage: 9.2-9.8 Volts DC
- Operating Temperature: 32°F