Our take on the Brax NOX4BDSP
Luxury sound that's programmable
If you want the best possible car audio system with total control over sound quality, then Brax's NOX4BDSP 4-channel amplifier should be powering your music. This gorgeous, hand-crafted amplifier features a sophisticated built-in digital signal processor, bringing an unprecedented level of high-fidelity amplification and sound processing into the mobile environment. The NOX4BDSP sends 100 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers. Bridged for 2-channel operation, the NOX4BDSP puts out up to 340 watts RMS each to a couple of subwoofers.
Build-quality that's off the charts
The massive heatsink tells you right away that this is a serious amp. Inside, the multi-layered circuit board is laid out in short, dedicated signal paths to deliver only the purest signal in the fastest time. Brax uses silver solder to secure each discretely mounted component for the best conductivity possible between them. Gold-plated connections eliminate corrosion to keep the signal flowing freely in or out of this amplifier.
Digital signal processor controls it all
You can tweak the sound to perfection with the built-in digital sound processor. After downloading the application and software from Brax, you'll plug your PC or laptop into the NOX4BDSP's USB port. A detailed control panel will appear on your computer screen that lets you set virtually every tunable audio parameter to achieve the highest musical fidelity possible in your car. The visual display shows the resulting sound curve of each setting, so you'll know for sure how your adjustments are affecting audio output. After saving your settings, you can unplug your computer and enjoy the results.
The main control panel for the digital processor, as it appears on your computer's screen
Switcher, EQ, time alignment, and more
The built-in processor accepts up to six inputs, which you can assign to the four amp channels and two auxiliary outputs, perfect if you're running separate tweeters, woofers, and subs. A 30-band graphic equalizer on each channel gives you incredible control over the sound. The time alignment feature lets you correct for each speaker's placement in your car, so the sound from each speaker arrives at your listening position at the same time.
An insane filter section
You can configure almost any type of high-pass and low-pass filter on each channel. Not only can you adjust a crossover's frequency, but you can also choose the slope, its "filter characteristics" (see bullets), and adjust its "Q-factor," which adds a bump at the crossover point for certain settings. Filters and EQ can be set separately for each channel, or channels can be linked together for common settings.
Two separate power supplies ensure stability and dependability. The output power transistors have been hand-selected and measured to match each other so your music will sound consistent and strong. You'll want to display this amp proudly in your system. Hand made in Germany, each NOX4BDSP amplifier comes with its serial number custom milled into the top nameplate.
- 4-channel car amplifier with built-in 6-channel digital signal processor
- 24-karat gold-plated RCA input, power, and speaker connections
- double-sided circuit boards with silver-soldered components
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (170 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 340 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Class AB amp technology
- hand-selected and matched transistors
6-channel digital signal processor (DSP)
- DSP settings and adjustments made via laptop or PC through USB port
- download DSP PC-Tool Software from audiotec-fischer.com or helixhifi.com
- 6 assignable inputs with 2 auxiliary outputs
- channel settings can be separate or linked together
- time alignment in 7 mm increments
- 30-band graphic EQ on every channel
- adjustable high- and low-pass filters (20-20K Hz) with selectable slopes (6, 12, 18, 24, 30 dB/octave)
- selectable filter characteristics
- Butterworth: sharp transition, suitable for most applications
- Bessel: gradual transition, suitable for smooth speakers, but not subs
- Linkwitz: recommended for high-end speakers only, not subs
- Chebyshev: very sharp transition, useful as high-pass for tweeters or low-pass for subs
- Self-Define: selectable Q-Factor, 12 dB/octave slope only
- phase adjustment: switchable 0/180 degrees on front and rear channels, adjustable 0 to 360 degrees on sub channels in 22.5-degree increments
- 2- or 1/0-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 100A x 1
- 12-5/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 12-5/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee