all multi-room audio?
Introduction to Multi-room Systems
These days, more and more people are adding multi-room music systems to their homes. And it's easy to see why — whole-house systems allow you to enjoy your music more often and in more rooms of your home.
In the articles below, you'll find in-depth info on the range of multi-room options available, as well as what's involved in setting them up. If you'd like help planning your own multi-room A/V system, talk to one of our A/V Designers. They can take the info you supply and craft customized, room-specific recommendations, free of charge. Call 1-800-555-9407 for more details.
Plan your system
- Wireless Multi-room Music Systems — In a wireless multi-room music system, the music players in each room communicate using a wireless home network. Learn about what to look for in a wireless music system.
- In-wall Multi-room Music Systems — With an in-wall multi-room system, the cables, speakers, and even controllers are installed in your walls for a clean, seamless look. Learn about your two main options.
- Powering Your Multi-room Music System — A practical look at common multi-room setups, the gear you need to achieve them, and other considerations.
- Remote Control Setups for Multi-room Systems — Want to add remote control to your multi-room system? In this article, we'll tell you how.
- Tips on Working with Your Builder or Contractor — Some quick tips to help you get the results you want when working with a contractor.
Select your speakers
- In-wall, In-ceiling, and On-wall Speaker Placement — In-depth tips and guidelines to help you create a speaker setup that works with the build and design of your room.
- Choosing In-wall and In-ceiling Speakers — Key things to consider when shopping for in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.
Install your gear
- Video: Installing In-wall and In-ceiling Speakers — The Basics — In this video, we'll cover some of the most commonly asked questions, discuss the key things to consider before installing speakers, and show you the basics of speaker installation.
- In-wall, In-ceiling, and On-wall Speaker Installation Guide — This article walks you through the steps of installing in-wall, in-ceiling, and on-wall speakers in a finished home, or one still under construction.
- In-wall Wiring Guide — A thorough, informative guide to help you run speaker, Ethernet, and audio/video cables through the walls in new construction and finished homes.
- Managing Home A/V Cables — Practical tips for tidying up and hiding the audio/video wires in your home.
Learn more about multi-room systems
- Multi-room Music & Video Glossary — Definitions of common multi-room A/V terms.