Important satellite radio changes
Starting May 4, SiriusXM is reordering their channel lineup to make it easier for subscribers to find the programming they like — including consolidating some channels, and tweaking the grouping of channels slightly. As a result, many of your favorite channels will now have a new number. Here are a few examples:
- "Willie's Place" and "The Roadhouse" have joined forces to become Willie's Roadhouse (channel 56).
- "Sirius Left" and XM's "America's Left" are now SiriusXM Left (channel 127).
- "XM Public Radio" is now SiriusXM Public Radio, and moves from channel 196 to 205.
A good thing is that many of the channel numbers are now consistent on both Sirius and XM radios. Check out the new channel lineup here.
The changes should be seamless, but here some potential inconveniences. Fortunately, each one is easy to fix:
- Presets. Your radio presets should fix themselves, requiring no change from you. If this does not happen automatically, simply hold down your preset button until you hear a "beep" while you're listening to that channel.
- A Refresh may be needed. XM radios should not need a refresh. If you have a Sirius radio and experience any programming oddities, there are two ways to refresh. First, have your 12-digit radio ID (or ESN#) ready, and choose one of the following:
- Go to www.siriusxm.com/refresh and follow the instructions.
- Call 1-855-MYREFRESH and follow the prompts.
Programming packages are changing names. Pricing remains the same.
- Everything packages are now called "Select"
- Best Of packages are now called "Premier"