Our take on the Samsung Galaxy Note® 8.9 (16GB)
The S Pen makes it write
The compact Galaxy Note has something most other tablets don't — an S Pen™. This handy stylus lets you write, draw, and sketch on the tablet's touchscreen, just like you would with a pen or pencil. Or use it instead of your finger to tap icons or drag files and images across the screen. When you're not using it, it slips inside the Note's casing for easy storage.
This compact tablet features a vivid-looking, sensitive 8-inch touchscreen that's intuitive and easy to use, whether swiping with your finger or taking notes with the S Pen.
Use apps to make this tablet your own
There are thousands of apps available through the Google Play Store that can make the Galaxy Note 8.0 do more of what you want it to. For example, if you like eBooks, you can download the Amazon Kindle app and Google Reader app for access to millions of titles.
Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®
The Galaxy Note has built-in Wi-Fi, so you can use your home wireless network or public hotspots to access the Internet. The tablet is a Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified device. That means it can stream videos, photos, and music to and from compatible devices, such as many TVs, Blu-ray players, and PCs.
And the tablet has built-in Bluetooth for easy pairing with wireless headsets and headphones, portable speakers and other compatible Bluetooth devices.
Two cameras for twice the fun
In the rear panel of the tablet is a 5-megapixel camera with a built-in flash. Take snapshots or shoot high-definition 1080p video. A second camera on the front lets you use the tablet for video chat. A built-in microphone picks up the sound for your videos and online conversations.
Expandable memory for more entertainment options
The tablet comes with 16GB of built-in memory. If you need more memory to store your photos, videos, or music, no problem. A microSD™ card slot on the side lets you slip in extra microSD and microSDHC cards (available separately) to expand your available storage.
Powerful processing for ultra-fast operation
The Galaxy Note uses a 1.6GHz quad-core processor to ensure that web pages load quickly, and to minimize delays in downloading movies or music. Android's latest "Jelly Bean" operating system seriously delivers seamless performance and a responsive interface.
- 8" touchscreen tablet
- 16GB embedded flash memory
- S Pen for writing, drawing, and games
- customizable screen layout and app shortcuts
- virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi® only (no mobile contract necessary)
- Allshare (via DLNA) to share content with other DLNA PCs and Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth 4.0
- thousands of apps available from Google Play
- 5-megapixel rear camera for taking photographs (includes autofocus and flash), 1.3-megapixel front camera for self-portraits and Skype
- records 1080p video
- stereo headphone minijack output
- microSD card slot (microSD card available separately)
- sync and charging cable with USB connector
- built-in rechargeable battery
- AC power adapter
- Android Jelly Bean v. 4.0 operating system
- quad core 1.6GHz processor
- 8-1/8"W x 5-1/8"H x 5/16"D
- weight: 11.68 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee