Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Samsung NX-mount: The Samsung 85mm F1.4 ED SSA lens has the Samsung NX-mount. It is compatible with Samsung's NX-series of
interchangeable lens cameras, including NX1000 and NX300.
Super Sonic Actuator: The lens is equipped with a Super
Sonic Actuator (SSA) for fast, silent, and precise auto focusing. With its
internal focusing system, the lens barrel doesn't move as you focus, therefore
you can get very close to tiny subjects without startling them with movement or
Lens Hood: A lens hood is included with the lens to prevent
deterioration of image quality due to internal reflection of light. The hood
attaches to the end of lens with a bayonet-type mount. When not in use, the lens
hood can be inverted and stored on the lens.
Focus Mode Switch: You can set the focus mode (auto or
manual) with the A/MF - MF switch on the side of the lens. If you set the mode
to Auto/Manual Focus (A/MF), the camera focuses automatically, however, you can
fine-tune the focus manually using the focus ring (full-time manual focus). Once
you set the mode to MF, you can only adjust the focus by rotating the focus
Special i-Modes: The lens is compatible with special "i-modes" found
in some NX-series camera. The Fn (Function) button found on the lens barrel
activates the modes, which vary by camera model:
- i-Depth: You can adjust the depth of field on the lens
- i-Function: In P, A, S, or M modes, you can manually select and adjust shutter speed,
aperture value, exposure value, ISO sensitivity, and White Balance on the
- i-Zoom: You can zoom in on a subject with less degradation of the
photo quality than the digital zoom.
- i-Scene: You can select an appropriate scene mode and filter
effect with the lens. Available modes and effects include Beauty Shot,
Portrait, Children, Backlight, Landscape, Sunset, Dawn, Beach & Snow, and
- Focal Length: 85mm (35mm equivalent: 130.9mm)
- Construction: 10 elements in 8 groups (including 1 Extra-low dispersion element)
- Angle of View: 18.8°
- Aperture: F1.4 (Maximum), F22 (Minimum)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.13x
- Minimum Focus Distance: 32.28"
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.132", Length=3.79" (4.3" w/caps)
- Weight: 24.66 ounces