Terk FM Edge
Indoor amplified FM antenna
Share this product:
Our take on the Terk FM Edge
The FM Edge utilizes Terk's Dual Drive Amplifier circuitry, which minimizes noise in the FM signal with a 2-stage filter/amplifier. The amplification range is 0 to +36 dB, adjustable with a handy thumb wheel.
Reception sensitivity is enhanced with the newly developed Advanced Capture
Circuitry, which helps lock onto signals in crowded areas, and also to
improve reception for lower-powered signals.
The FM Edge's sleek good looks make it a stylish alternative to the clunky T-wire dipole antennas included with most receivers.
- power-on/amplifier strength LED
- thumb wheel amplifier adjustment
- 75-ohm "F"-type to 75-ohm bare wire adapter
- 75-ohm to 300-ohm adapter
- AC adapter
- 2-15/16"W x 7-9/16"H x 3-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
What's in the box?
Download owner's manual
- Amplified FM antenna (with attached 6' FM antenna cable terminating in a push-on "F" jack
- AC adapter with attached 6' cord (12VDC/200mA)
- 75 ohm F type-to-75 ohm bare wire adapter; Owner's manual
- Terk Antennas/Accessories brochure
- Addendum note
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: This antenna is a
convenient, stylish replacement for a normal FM dipole antenna supplied with most receivers. As with any indoor antenna, it will not function as well as
and is not recommended for use as an outdoor FM antenna.
Dual-Drive Amplifier (DDA) Circuitry:
Captures radio signals and minimizes noise in an FM signal with a two-stage amplifier
before boosting broadcast frequencies for less noise.
Advanced Capture Circuitry (ACC): Enhances
reception sensitivity which helps lock onto signals in crowded areas. It also helps
improve reception of lower powered signals.
Controls: The only control is a black thumb wheel that is used to
adjust FM amplification (from 0 to +29dB amplification). There is a red LED on
the bottom front portion of the unit which glows more brightly as amplification
- "F"-Type: The antenna is fitted with an attached 6' antenna cable
terminated by a push-on "F"-type connector.
- Bare Wire Adapter: The antenna also comes with a 75-ohm "F"-type
to 75-ohm bare-wire adapter,
- AC Power: The AC adapter can either be left
plugged in (constant power will not hurt the unit and there is little
electrical consumption), or it can be
powered to a receiver's switched AC output, if available.
- Frequency Range: FM 88-108MHz
- Reception Pattern: Omni-directional, 360°
- FM Amplifier Gain Range: 0 to +29 dB
- FM Output Impedance: 75-ohms (adaptable to 300 ohms with included
Reviews for the
Terk FM Edge
Average Customer Review:
Review this product:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about this product. Please
be sure to focus your comments on the product itself. Read our
Review Guidelines for more information.
For a more in-depth review and enhanced detailed information on the
Terk FM Edge, please visit the Crutchfield website product
Get live, personalized service from an expert
Crutchfield Advisor: Hi there.
We're happy to answer questions or provide additional info about this item.
Advisors also available at 1-888-600-3963