Stereo camcorder microphone
This item is no longer available to purchase.
Contact us for other options
Share this product:
Our take on the Canon DM-100
Get near-professional quality sound with the Canon DM-100 stereo microphone. It features a mono or stereo design with an adjustable field width for getting the most out of any recording situation. You can adjust the field width with the flip of a switch. Choose 90º if your subject is relatively close and narrowly focused (like a person or two); choose 120º when recording a wider or more distant subject such as a sporting event, play, etc.
A built-in shock-mount in the stem of the DM-100 partially isolates it from sound-muddying vibrations, helping you get a clearer audio recording. It easily attaches to the advanced accessory shoe on select Canon camcorders, so there are no cords to get tangled or drag on the floor. And no batteries required: This mic draws its power directly from the camcorder.
- compatible with select Canon camcorders with an advanced accessory shoe
- attaches to and draws power from the camcorder's advanced accessory shoe
- mono- or multi-directional with selectable field width (90º/120º)
- built-in shock-mount prevents vibrations from muddying the sound
- furry windmuff to reduce noise when recording outdoors
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box?
Download owner's manual
- Directional stereo microphone
- Wind shield
- Instructions (Eng/Spa/Fre)
- WEEE Directive (2002/96EC) notice
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Overview: The Canon DM-100 Directional Stereo Microphone can be used as
a directional microphone (monaural) or stereo microphone that clearly picks up
sound from the front of the microphone, for full recorded sound.
Compatibility: The Canon DM-100 Directional Stereo Microphone is
specifically designed for Canon VIXIA camcorders which feature a
mini-Advanced Shoe connector.
- Type: Back electret stereo condenser shotgun microphone
- Directivity: Super-directional/Unidirectional stereo
- Sensitivity: -36.0 dB (Shotgun, 1kHz, 0dB = 1V/Pa)
- Frequency: 100-10,000Hz (Shotgun)
- Output Impedance: 200-ohm
- Weight: 2.7 oz
Reviews for the
Average Customer Review:
Review this product:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about this product. Please
be sure to focus your comments on the product itself. Read our
Review Guidelines for more information.
For a more in-depth review and enhanced detailed information on the
Canon DM-100, please visit the Crutchfield website product
Get live, personalized service from an expert
Crutchfield Advisor: Hi there.
We're happy to answer questions or provide additional info about this item.
Advisors also available at 1-888-600-3963