Our take on the PreSonus FaderPort
The FaderPort offers a motorized fader and light-up buttons for easy integration with your digital recording software.
Manual controls for your DAW
When you're trying to lay down tracks using recording software, navigating the many features and controls of your DAW can get tricky using just your mouse. That's why PreSonus developed the FaderPort, a manual controller that gives you the tactile feel of a real mixing board integrated into the convenience of your digital audio workstation. A pro-quality powered fader, rotary pan dial, and plenty of large buttons offer easy control of most any recording software. Connect it via USB to your computer and discover the ease of recording and mixing with manual controls at your fingertips.
Work more efficiently
When you're recording, sometimes you need to work quickly to get those brilliant ideas out of your head and into your computer before they disappear. The FaderPort can help you work faster and more efficiently. A quick press of the Punch button lets you punch in and out of recordings for quick embellishments. Large, light-up Mute, Solo, and Record buttons make it easy to enable and disable these parameters without having to squint at your laptop screen and slowly guide your mouse across your desktop. Toggle between window views, jump between tracks, quickly undo or redo edits, and skip ahead to a marker or back to the beginning of your project. The FaderPort can help you get the most out of your DAW software so your recordings can sound their best.
Motorized studio-quality fader
The FaderPort features a 100mm long-throw Alps fader, the same kind used in many expensive studio mixing boards. It offers smooth, 1,024-step resolution for easy fine-tuning of your projects. It's motorized, so you can apply automation to volume, pan, and other parameters. The dual-servo drive-belt motor gives the FaderPort pro-style feel and functionality that trumps any virtual fader in your DAW.
Compatible with most Mac® and PC software
The FaderPort is compatible with PC and Mac computers and works with most major DAW software, including ProTools™, Sonar™, and Cubase. It offers a seamless match for PreSonus Studio One® software. The FaderPort is powered by your computer's USB hub, though you'll need to plug in the included AC adapter to power the motorized fader.
- manual controller for digital audio workstation software
- motorized 100mm long-throw Alps fader with 1,024-step resolution for automation and fine control
- write single-channel or group-channel volume, mute, and pan automation
- pan, mute, solo, and record enable controls
- complete recording controls, including Loop, Previous/Next Marker,
Start, End, and Record
- channel select controls include Bank, Output (Master Fader), Increment, and Decrement
- punch in and out of recordings with one-button convenience (optional footswitch available)
- 5 user-defined key mappings
- powered by USB (motorized fader requires use of the included AC power supply)
- compatible with most recording software, including ProTools, Cubase, Sonar, Logic, Studio One, Nuendo, and Samplitude (FaderPort's functionality may vary by software)
- compatible with Mac and PC computers
- includes 18" USB cable and AC power supply
- system requirements: Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32- and 64-bit), or Mac OS X 10.6 or later (32- and 64-bit); USB port (1.1 or faster)
- 5-1/4"W x 7"H x 1-3/4"D
- weight: 1 pound
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee