On-Q lyriQ Amplified Keypad
This item is no longer available to purchase.
Contact us for other options
Share this product:
Our take on the On-Q lyriQ Amplified Keypad
This in-wall amplified keypad gives you convenient pushbutton operation of your lyriQ multi-room music system in a single listening area. The keypad offers easy-to-use controls for muting and volume adjustment, and includes a source button that lets you remotely select up to four different audio sources when used with a multi-source system. Each keypad contains a stereo amplifier to power a pair of speakers, and a built-in IR (infrared) sensor that allows you to use On-Q's universal wireless remote to control system playback from across the room.
Standard 1-gang junction box and Decora-style wall plate required for installation.
- On-Q part # F7394-WH
- 7.5 watts RMS per channel at 8 ohms (recommended for use with 8 ohm speakers)
- adjustable backlight levels with blue illumination
- IR sensor for use with On-Q universal remote
- line-level stereo output for adding an external amplifier
- connects to distribution module via CAT-5 cable
- installs in wall with a standard J-Box
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the box?
Download owner's manual
- White Cat 5 Audio Keypad Volume Control with IR (fits into a single gang box)
- 2 Screws (Length=3/4")
- Instruction/Installation sheet
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere.
That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team — they open the box,
verify contents, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs.
We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Product Overview: The On-Q F7394-WH is a white Cat 5 Audio
Keypad with volume control and IR. It fits into a single-gang box, and requires
a white Decora wall plate (not included). It is an integral part of the Category
5 Multi-room Audio System. It has push buttons for volume control, audio source
selection, and muting. The volume control is terminated with Cat 5 wiring using
the 110-style punchdown block on the rear of the unit.
Controls/Indicators: The keypad has the following controls
- Source: When the keypad volume control is used in a system
equipped with a Multi-Source Module, the source button
will toggle to the next source. As you change sources, the corresponding
source's LED will light.
- Mute: The Mute button will essentially turn off the volume
control. When pressed, the green source LED, blue backlights, and green
volume LEDs will go out, the red LED next to the mute button will be lit,
and the amplifier will be off. Line Out will also be muted. Pressing the
Mute button again will take the keypad out of Mute mode.
- Volume Buttons: The Volume Up and Volume Down buttons control
both speakers simultaneously. As you increase or decrease the volume, the
Volume LEDs will light or go out to indicate the room volume.
- IR Reception/Transmission: The volume control keypad
can receive a remote IR signal between 10kHz and 110kHz, and pass it through
the whole audio system. The volume control will respond to the On-Q lyriQ
remote control (item 717F7427).
- Status/IR LED: When flashing green, it indicates source
activity; flashing red: room IR activity; flashing orange: Whole House
- Keypad Brightness: You can adjust the brightness of the
keypad backlighting by pressing the mute and volume buttons simultaneously.
Pressing mute and volume up increases backlighting, while pressing mute and
volume down decrease backlighting.
Connections: On the back of the volume control are the
- Cat 5 Terminal: 8-contact 110 style punchdown terminal from audio
- Speaker Outputs: 4 clamp-style terminals for connecting left and
right speaker wires
- Line Output: 4 clamp-style terminals for connecting a powered
subwoofer or an external amplifier
- Jumper: 2 position setting: "All" for whole house command,
"Mixed" for room command only
Volume Trim Adjustments: On the back of the volume control, there are
two rotary trim potentiometers for setting the minimum and minimum allowable
volume level, and to adjust left/right balance.
Reviews for the
On-Q lyriQ Amplified Keypad
Average Customer Review:
Review this product:
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about this product. Please
be sure to focus your comments on the product itself. Read our
Review Guidelines for more information.
For a more in-depth review and enhanced detailed information on the
On-Q lyriQ Amplified Keypad, please visit the Crutchfield website product
Get live, personalized service from an expert
Crutchfield Advisor: Hi there.
We're happy to answer questions or provide additional info about this item.
Advisors also available at 1-888-600-3963