Our take on the PreSonus AudioBox™ Studio
PreSonus can't write songs for you. But they can do just about everything else to make it easy for you to start recording music quickly. This home recording bundle is all you need — just supply your own computer, instrument, and inspiration. The equipment included here will fill in the gaps. Here's what you get:
The AudioBox USB recording interface connects to your computer and offers 2 inputs for microphones or electric guitars.
AudioBox USB recording interface
The AudioBox USB is the link between your computer and your instrument and microphone. There are two front-panel combination inputs that can accept an XLR cable from a mic or a 1/4" instrument cable directly from an electric guitar or bass. Mic signals are routed through high-quality Class A preamps for clean sound. Connect headphones for monitoring while you record as well as studio monitors for playback during mixing. With headphones, use the built-in analog mixer to dial in your ideal monitor mix from the input signals and the computer-returned signals. Turn the Mixer knob all the way to "Inputs" for latency-free monitoring with no timing delays.
StudioOne® Artist recording software
PreSonus designed their StudioOne digital audio workstation to be both powerful and easy to use. With a full suite of mixing and editing features, you can manipulate and fine-tune your recordings to produce professional-sounding songs. Create an unlimited number of tracks, apply effects with drag-and-drop simplicity, and choose from built-in or third-party plug-ins included with the software. Record high-resolution 24-bit files and mix down to MP3s for easy sharing and uploading to sites like SoundCloud.
Capture vocals with more clarity and detail than many dynamic mics can replicate. This large-diaphragm condenser mic is designed for studio use, with the sensitivity to pick up the nuances of your vocal performance. Connect it to the included XLR cable, plug it into the AudioBox USB, and you're ready to start tracking. We recommend picking up a mic stand for connection to the included threaded adapter.
These around-the-ear headphones are great for monitoring your performance as well as mixing and editing. The large dynamic drivers offer accurate sound while the semi-open earcups ensure a more open, natural presentation than similar closed-back models. Pop the 1/4" adapter on for connection to the AudioBox USB, or use the miniplug connector for listening with a smartphone.
- 2-input, 2-output computer recording interface
- 2 XLR/TRS balanced mic/line inputs for connecting microphones, electric guitars or basses
- Class A mic preamps with 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- MIDI input/output (5-pin DIN) for use with an external MIDI controller
- two 1/4" TRS balanced left/right outputs for connection to powered monitors or a mixing board
- This interface does not have a line level input
- USB 1.1 port for connection to a computer (cable included)
- built-in headphone amplifier with 1/4" output
- Mixer fader offers both direct monitoring of analog input signals and incoming digital signal from recording software
- 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion with sampling rate of 44.1 or 48kHz
- compact, rugged steel chassis for desktop or portable use
- 5-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 5-1/2"D
- weight: 5 pounds
Studio One Artist 2 digital recording software:
- unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, buses, and effects channels
- drag-and-drop functionality for intuitive use
- 26 effects and virtual instrument plug-ins
- includes 10GB of third-party plug-ins
- compatible with Mac® and Windows®
- large-diaphragm condenser microphone for capturing fine detail
- includes adapter for easy connection to a mic stand
- 9-foot XLR cable included
- comfortable, around-the-ear fit with soft earpads
- 50mm neodymium dynamic drivers and semi-open-back design deliver natural sound with punchy bass
- 98" cable with 1/8" miniplug
- 1/4" plug adapter included
- XLR and USB cables included
- compatible with the following operating systems: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista (32-bit SP1, 64-bit SP1) Windows 7 (32-bit SP1, 64-bit SP1), Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
- minimum system requirements: USB 1.1 port; Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ X2 processor; 2GB RAM; 20GB hard disk space; DVD-ROM drive
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee