Our take on the Blaupunkt ODw1000
Thin is in! Yes, you can get big, beefy bass notes from an ultra-thin component subwoofer. The Blaupunkt ODw1000 10" subwoofer has a mounting depth of less than 2-1/4" (and can be used in free-air applications), enabling you to put bass where it's never gone before.
Imagine bass in your tailgate door, front kick panels, or rear deck. It's all possible, thanks to Blaupunkt's revolutionary woofer design. Layers of foam and aluminum are bonded together to form a flat, disc-shaped diaphragm, which is housed in a compact, saucer-style basket to create a sleek, stylish, streamlined bass engine.
You won't find a traditional spider in this subwoofer, either. The rear suspension is fabricated from the same foam material as the surround, keeping the thickness to a minimum and eliminating the spider as a potential point of failure. Plus, the foam suspension material helps to maintain even cone travel for smooth reproduction.
These subs are attracting attention from bass-loving fans all over the world who want to save space. No wonder the Overdrive subs won an Innovations Award at the 2005 Consumer Electronic Show!
Priced per speaker
- 10" 4-ohm subwoofer with protective grille
- aluminum diaphragm bonded to inner foam core
- foam front and rear surrounds
- can be used in free-air applications
- frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- power handling: 50-200 watts RMS
- peak power handling: 600 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- mounting depth: 2-1/4"
- sealed box volume: 0.4-1.4 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 0.4-1.4 cu. ft.
- Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 1, 2, 3
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee